• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S GSM 4.0.4 Error 7

Elit3

Jan 28, 2012
Hey guys, I've been searching around because i really want to update my phone to 4.0.4 but when i try i get:
Status 7
Installation Aborted
And one thing that i don't want to do and I won't do is a rooting solution, i know it isn't bad but i don't want my phone to ever be rooted.
Thanks in advanced.
P.S I'm on 4.0.3 at the moment

Well...
let's start with the basics ,one post at a time ,no useless info right now.
Setting all this up will be the tricky part ! [drivers and software..]

Get Android SDK and check at setup what else you might require.
Install it in "C:/SDK" for a simple access;
Re/Boot your phone in Bootloader screen as this : Power OFF > Press VOL UP+POWER at the same time for 5 seconds and you will be there.
Connect your phone "AS IT IS" [in Bootloader screen] to your PC ,wait for it to install the default Win drivers ;
After it completes the setup ,go to device manager and look for the "Android" device ; Update the drivers with these ones HERE ,if a warning tells you that they are not "Signed" ,press "Install anyway" .

When all of this is complete ,come back for the 2nd part ,i will be waiting :)

Upvote 0
Well...
let's start with the basics ,one post at a time ,no useless info right now.
Setting all this up will be the tricky part ! [drivers and software..]

Get Android SDK and check at setup what else you might require.
Install it in "C:/SDK" for a simple access;
Re/Boot your phone in Bootloader screen as this : Power OFF > Press VOL UP+POWER at the same time for 5 seconds and you will be there.
Connect your phone "AS IT IS" [in Bootloader screen] to your PC ,wait for it to install the default Win drivers ;
After it completes the setup ,go to device manager and look for the "Android" device ; Update the drivers with these ones HERE ,if a warning tells you that they are not "Signed" ,press "Install anyway" .

When all of this is complete ,come back for the 2nd part ,i will be waiting :)

Thnx man

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones