• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S reboot key combo

Is there a key combination for forcing a Nexus S to reboot?

I can't seem to find any information on this. The closest I've found is Power + Volume Down, I haven't tested this because the sources that suggested it claim it also wipes all data on the phone (which would be extremely stupid.)

Anyway, is there any such key combination on the Nexus S? Key combinations like this are useful for rebooting a frozen device WITHOUT pulling out the battery. An example of one such key combination would be Left Shift + Left Alt + Delete, on the OG Droid/Milestone.

Thanks in advance for whoever posts the combination.

P.S.
I always read the manual. Unfortunately, this phone came with a booklet in English and French, neither section had any useful information. Just stuff like "don't set fire to your battery, IT COULD EXPLODE!! :eek:"

Is there a key combination for forcing a Nexus S to reboot?

I can't seem to find any information on this. The closest I've found is Power + Volume Down, I haven't tested this because the sources that suggested it claim it also wipes all data on the phone (which would be extremely stupid.)

Anyway, is there any such key combination on the Nexus S? Key combinations like this are useful for rebooting a frozen device WITHOUT pulling out the battery. An example of one such key combination would be Left Shift + Left Alt + Delete, on the OG Droid/Milestone.

Thanks in advance for whoever posts the combination.

P.S.
I always read the manual. Unfortunately, this phone came with a booklet in English and French, neither section had any useful information. Just stuff like "don't set fire to your battery, IT COULD EXPLODE!! :eek:"

Sorry to say but there is no reboot key combo for the Nexus S. The only devices I have seen this on have 3 or more hardware buttons, well mainly only HTC devices.

So I'm sorry to say a battery pull is the only option when the NS is frozen. :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones