Nexus - various issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. gezh

gezh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 12, 2009
    Hi all. First, some background. I have an Orange contract which I took out with an HTC Hero. Then, I was sent a free Nexus One from Google as part of the developer seeding program. So, as the Nexus is way, way, better than the Hero, I'm trying to set it up, but have a couple of problems.

I'm using the SIM that came with the Hero - should that cause any problems?

The build number is FRF91, kernel

My specific problems are:

Web access. I have entered the APN for Orange as found on this forum, and seem to have good access in all apps, except for the browsers. The stock browser doesn't download anything. I installed Opera Mini, and then Dolphin HD, and they seem slightly better, but still seem to take forever to load a page, and usually give up halfway.

Contacts. If I try and edit a contact, the app force closes every time, with the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped".

Any help here appreciated!

2. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I have a nexus one with the same build and kernel numbers and am using the Orange sim that i had with a hero, no problems at all.
    I never added APN settings, just put in the sim and have web, sms and mms settings that must have been set by the sim.
  3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Another thing to keep in mind is sometimes there may be issues with provisioning with particular SIMs. I had strange issues with my T-Mobile service, however, they all went away when I went in and had a new SIM installed and they re-provisioned the new SIM on my account.

Worth a shot if they will swap SIMs for free. :D