Nexus WTF

Last Updated:

1. droiddecar

droiddecar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 21, 2009
    Will someone please tell me where the CDMA Nexus One for Verizon and/or Sprint is? It seems like it should have been here by now but maybe something has gone wrong. Is it Google, Verizon, the Apple lawsuit or something else holding it up? I know the website says Spring 2010, but seriously how long does it take to convert the phone to CDMA? Also, I thought I heard about it passing though the FCC several weeks ago. I've been stuck with a dumb-phone since I returned my Droid back at the end of November. I know the HTC Incredible is getting close but I don't want the Sense UI.

2. skdyer

skdyer Active Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I feel for you my friend. And I am proud of you for staying true to the stock Android interface. Sense is for wussies.

At this point I think the main delay is the Incredible. Why would Verizon allow google to release the Nexus One before the Incredible since Verizon will be directly selling the Incredible and presumably making more profit per unit moved. My guess is we'll see the Nexus One release at the same time or shortly after the Incredible in that April 25th-29th period.

Quite frustrating. This has definitely soured my opinion of Verizon. I am still STRONGLY considering going with T-Mobile because of this debacle.
  3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Oct 4, 2009
    There is a post from resident insider member Supersonical over in the Sprint EVO 4G section that states the phone will be out on Sprint in a few weeks, delayed due to the Apple/HTC lawsuit . As for the Verizon side, I have no idea, but probably also delayed for the same reasons.
    See post # 2732 and # 2733 for the response.

There is also a Nexus 2 in the works according to him.

TS out
  4. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Personally i don't think the next phone from google will be called the nexus two
    i may be wrong so correct me if i am but wasn't the g1 the first phone from google, didn't they work with HTC, then everybody thought the next phone would be the g2 but it was the magic

idk it may just be me but i think google likes ____1 (one) so i think it will be some crazy name followed by 1
  5. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I don't put a whole lot of faith in these posts. These aren't being backed up at all by links or any other sources.. its just more spouting offf with assumptions imho. He talks about a palm device with web OS that will "save the company" when engadget had an article yesterday about palm being for sale... he's just way off base.