Nexux UI compared to HTC Sense?General

Last Updated:

1. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Not sure which would be the best forum for this question.

As with many others I am very happy with HTC Sense, but it's the only Android I've used. In stock form, is there any area that the Nexus UI really falls short compared to what I am used to?

I know this is subjective, but I'd like to have some of your thoughts

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

HTC 3d widgets are really cool. There are cool widgets in the market, though. It's just a matter of taste, imo.
  3. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

I'm a Sense junkie, but the thing is a battery-eatin' hog!! I'm more than open to see what the Nexus UI has to offer!
  4. ItIsLikeThat

ItIsLikeThat Well-Known Member

The keyboard is one...I really do like the sense keyboard with arrows (tap to generally place cursor, then just use the arrows to get it where I want).

Everything else is pretty much fluff. The whole OS UI thing is pretty irrelevant ... because its the APPs that I spend most of my time in. The exception to iOS notifications which just blasted out in the middle of the screen until iOS 5.0 -- welcome to Android 1.0 Apple...

Widgets, launchers (ADW or Launcher PRO are recommended), and keyboards are available in the Market.
  5. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

To add to your Home replacment launchers i would like to add QQlauncher and launcher 7 are also good along with LPP
  6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The problem is that the Nexus is going to run a new version of Android. Nobody can really make a good comparison, because it's not released yet.

You can compare Sense against the current iteration of Android, but I'm not sure that's a really fair comparison...
    novox77 likes this.