NFC and Beam - How?General

1. meshman

meshman New Member

I have 2 Galaxy Notes, i717 running ICS. How does one get android beam to work? I've enabled NFC on both phones and it tells me android beam is ready. So I back-to-back the phones and they both vibrate and make a noise. An "N" appears in the notification bar.

Now what? If I go into anything; picture viewer, music player, file browser... nothing ever pops up asking if I want to beam the content. It's like everything about NFC is working but I'm never prompted to transfer anything. Am I doing this right?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well. Would love to beam content between my s2x and note.
  3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Well Android Beam only works if you have NFC, which isn't in the International version from what I've read Steve (assuming that's what you have cause this is the international version's forum). meshman from what I can tell it's only good for sending links to webpages, youtube videos and apps in the app store in it's current state, but wifi direct is great for sending actual files. I sent some pics and music to my cousin's GS3 a few weeks ago with it and it's very handy.