1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Nfc and the N icon.

1. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

So since rooting the Nfc icon in the top bar has vanished. Do we know that it is still active without this? It says its on in settings but like I said , without a notofication icon up top.

Advertisement
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member

I never realised there was one in the first place, maybe it's a firmware thing?
  3. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Same. Nfc working for me. Never seen a N notification though
  4. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Yep NFC working for me as well. Never noticed a notification for it though.
  5. Rudedawg

Maybe have something to do with the Samsung TAG app that was preinstalled when I got the phone.
  6. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member

Sounds like that might have been the cause,I useNfc task launcher with mine and when it reads a tag it gives a notification, but that's it :)
  7. Rudedawg

Ill have a look in the deleted apps list and see wat I can dig up. I can remember my phone randomly beeping when my wallet got close :p
  8. dynomot

ROFL "debit card to phone, come in phone." That sounds like an annoying if harmless bug.
  9. Rudedawg

Lol I can only think its to do with those new card features where you just flash it at a card reader to pay nowerdays. Awful idea
  10. dynomot

Yep that's what I was thinking about.