NfC Lost After Root

1. benshannon97

benshannon97 Member

After rooting my s4 i went to send a file using nfc and when i hit share/sent The nfc is gone! i checked this befor i rooted it and it worked fine! 4.2.2 android

Please Help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

What carrier are you with so I can move this to the S4 root section for proper support.
  3. benshannon97

benshannon97 Member

Im with Orange
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Moved to the international all things root sub-forum.

... Thom
  5. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums benshannon97! :)

Just a couple of questions before we can help you further.

Could you please post a link to the method that you used for rooting and in particular, the kernel you used to root your phone.

Also, can you dial *#1234# into your dial pad and give the 3 lines of information that it shows.
  6. benshannon97

benshannon97 Member

https://db.tt/hKupjANe for kernal

and I rooted first using chain fires auto and then messed with phone and used team win root.
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I see from your screenshot that you are on Firmware MH6. This firmware, unfortunately, has a locked bootloader and Knox Security, see post #1, here.

At the present time, attempts to root this and install a custom recovery will result in the Knox counter being increased to 0x1, 0x0 being the normal setting. You can view this counter by going into Download mode and looking at the top left of the screen to see if it has been increased. At the present time there is no way to reset this counter to 0x0 and your warranty will be void I'm afraid. You cannot go back to a pre Knox firmware either. Please read the post I have linked you to and check your Knox status in Download mode.