• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2012 - What do you want to see?

I'm looking forward to the SD Chargers coming out of this season with a 10-6 record (they're already on their way, 2-0!), the Broncos ending up with a 9-7 record, and in vs. games each team wins at home, so in the end the Chargers end up taking the AFC West by a single game and the Broncs miss the playoffs. :)

Well... maybe they can have a wildcard spot. First round they go up against a team like the Ravens and get booted though.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see the real refs return. I know the real refs blow calls too, but they very rarely mess up administering penalties. The replacement refs mess up the yardage on penalties every other time. Not to mention, they have to have a conference after every single penalty because none of them know the rules well enough. They also stare at a play for a good 30 seconds, then throw the flag way after it's over. What's there to think about? It was a foul or not, if you have to think about it that long, it's probably not a foul.

People also use the argument that the replacement refs are doing the best they can. Yeah, well so did Caleb Hanie and he blew the Bears chance of a Super Bowl last year and look at all the crap he got, he never cried "oh I'm just the replacement". The commentators research throughout the entire week to have relevant stats and stuff to talk about, the least these lame refs could do is research during the week instead of goofing off.

They get paid thousands of dollars per game. There is zero excuse to suck that bad when you're getting paid that much.

/rant. But seriously, they suck.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
What do I want to see in the 2012 season? I want to see the NFL step up and nullify every "regular season" game with the incompetent officiating. The total failure of the phony NFL officials during the Packers/Seahawks game is the last straw. This is NOT NFL FOOTBALL, PERIOD.

As a team owner, I'll be filing an official complaint tomorrow.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If that doesn't get back the real refs I don't know what will. That was a joke. Jennings had it pinned to his chest.

If I were the players I would think about banning together as they did during the lockout & say...we won't play until the real refs come back. As a fan I would be totally behind it. This is embarrasing to the league. Total freaking joke. :mad:

Upvote 0
Hey Buddy !!! Get it together !!!

goodell_zpseab36b26.jpg

Upvote 0
If that doesn't get back the real refs I don't know what will. That was a joke. Jennings had it pinned to his chest.
That play was the last straw in a more literal sense. The officials made several bad calls that had an equal effect on giving the game to the Seahawks. The news tomorrow will be all about the dramatic last play, but the pass interference calls against the wrong team played equal roles in throwing the game.

Every last one of those NFL Lite "officials" needs to go. The current NFL season should be cancelled until the genuine officials are back at work, and the games already played this season should be redacted.

We've had many sports seasons start late because of labor disputes. The NFL should never have started the official 2012 NFL season. Now they have a big mess. It's not my problem that the NFL fscked things up. The only way to correct this situation is to reset and start the 2012 season over, or cancel it altogether.

If that means that a lot of big NFL executives lose their jobs and reputations, that's what they deserve. If it means the NFL gets sued out of existence, so be it. The punishment should fit the crime.

Upvote 0
Partially agree. I think he can make a good HC, but I think he needs a good Offensive Coordinator.

At the end of the day, as long as Jerry Jones is calling the shots it might not matter who our coach is really. Jerry hires guys that he can over power, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, & Jason Garrett b/c any coach w/ any real "guts" isn't going to put up w/ his b.s. Bill Cowher would be a great coach, to name one that is currently out there, but he wouldn't put up w/ Jerry's b.s. It's just sad that Jerry wants to win soooo bad, but he is the main reason they are the way they are.

Upvote 0
I agree, I think the biggest mistake Jerry ever made was getting rid of Jimmy Johnson. If he had stayed the coach longer the Cowboys probably would have won 2-3 more superbowls with the team they had.

Just like the Bulls won all those championships w/ Phil Jackson, Michael Jordan, & Scottie Pippen. We would have been the same way w/ Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman , & Emmitt Smith. Just sad Jerry's ego got in the way of all of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones