NFL Application??Support

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is something that Android sooooo lacks in, and that's good Sports Apps!!! What is everyone using for NFL and/or college? Apple kills Android in this market and it's so frustrating!

Advertisement
  2. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing Verizon commercials about the NFL mobile app. Try that out

3. BadBoy5537

BadBoy5537 Member

sports tap is good for push notifications for score updates and game start times

4. BBock727

BBock727 Well-Known Member

Right... the DINC allows you to watch NFL games and check scores on an NFL app but its not good? Also MLB at bat does fine and so does sportstap

5. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

NFL mobile and Score Center

6. izzy35

That's why I'm coming here for help. I wasn't aware of the NFL app...Are you referring to the Verizon one that was mentioned above? And yes, MLB at Bat is great.. I was just speaking from my personal experiences. Pretty much every sport has their own sport specific iPhone app, and Android doesn't. Like I'm a huge tennis fan and guess what, there's a USOPEN Tennis app....for iPHONE.

I was just stating my personal experiences. Not at all trying to ruffle any feathers :) Thanks for the info!

7. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

NFL Mobile from VZW rocks. I've been able to watch NFL network while not at the house, and instead of paying VZ Fios the extra $50 for RedZone, you get it for free over your Incredible. This is cool for me, cause I hardly ever get to see my team locally broadcasted, so I can at least watch our red zone plays. GO GIANTS!!

8. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member

Its just ashame Sports Tap only allows 7 teams to be added.

So far I think scoremobile is the best because you can pick a particular sport and have ALL the scores.

9. izzy35

Just downloaded it...it LOOKS GREAT!! Excuse me for what might seem like a silly question, but I can't get into the RedZone section of it right now. Is that only for Sunday games?? And u said it was "FREE?" I thought you had to pay a VCAST subscription??

10. taris300

Well so far i've been able to watch NFL Network without having to pay for VCAST, and judging by their commercials RedZone should be the same.
    Any yes, RedZone is only a Sunday thing.
    I guess I will either be happy or disappointed this Sunday to find out if it really is FREE. It better be...lol

*EDIT* This is also promising, I was able to just put it on the Sunday night football game on my Incredible. So it seems all the "live coverage" VZ promised appears to be there. and once again, i DONT have a Vcast subscription

11. izzy35

I hope you're right, for your sake..LOL! Because when I click on MENU>NFL TOTAL ACCESS (under NFL network), a popup comes up telling me I have to subscribe to VCAST..:(

12. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Same here

13. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

There hasnt been a Sunday Game yet besides the preseason. Some of you who tried to open up todays game more then likely were in for a big surprise. I can bet there will be double the posts in here about 12:15pm Sunday afternoon.

14. rkaplins

rkaplins Member

I just watched most of the Vikings vs. Saints game. It worked amazingly well for a phone. My only two minor gripes are that whenever it was a commercial break for live TV, they played the same NFL.com commercials over and over. I must have seen each commercial 20 times. The other problem which is also minor is that you had to press the "are you still watching" button every so often.

Overall it is still fantastic. I feel lucky to be a Verizon customer right now!

15. taris300

Alright, question for those familiar with VZW billing.
    Now that ya'll had me 2nd guessing myself, I checked my last bill, and while I dont have VCAST, one of the other lines on my account does.
    Would this give ME VCAST as well?
    Any help would be appreciated, not only for myself, but also I dont wanna give misinformation on the boards here

16. izzy35

Yes but the question still is, did you PAY or was it free?

I 100% agree with you! I think I read somewhere that the pre-season games were free, but after 8/31/10, u need to subscribe to VCAST..:(
    Not completely sure but I believe it will give VCAST to whatever line it's under, not EVERY line on the account. I could be wrong though.

17. fearmyaxe

fearmyaxe Member

My boyfriend LOVES this app and is always taking my phone to watch football.

I really would like to know about this "is it free or not?" issue. Also, Anyone know how much VCast is?

18. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

Watching NFL mobile WAS free if you downloaded the app before july 24th or something like that. But now if you want to watch the games and are just downloading it, you will have to subscribe to vcast.

you can always just watch games on espn3.com or other similar sites using your browser

19. taris300

When I checked my bill, it was $15.

20. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

The NFL app is free but requires VCast which is $10/mo. Read the fine print on this page...
    http://solutions.vzwshop.com/nfl/Site.aspx#/home

You only get like two games a week via the app above. If you want access to all games via your satellite/cable provider, go pick up a Slingbox. I can watch ALL broadcast games via my Dish receiver, and ALL broadcast college games too. To me, this beats the NFL app by a longshot. It may initially cost more up front for the box, but in the long run will be cheaper than paying a monthly fee. The box will pay for itself in one season.

I also use the ESPN Scorecenter app to get quick access to scores, schedules, stats, etc.

21. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

NFL Mobile for Verizon is free through Week 1 of the regular season I believe, after that you would have to pay for VCast. The NFL app allows you to watch NFL Network live, so any games broadcast on NFLN you could watch. You can watch NFLN 24/7. You also get NFL Redzone on Sundays.

22. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

ok so what is it? I thought if it was downloaded before a particular time it was free until the superbowl (thank you titanium BU) because last night I could turn the game on on the Dinc, but the wifes DX told her to get a vcast subscription? Not a HUGE deal to me as the audio is probably what I'll use the most, but it would be nice if we knew for sure. if I want to watch my team on Sunday or Thursday nights I can see it on tv anyway.....Bears games rarely get aired around here so I'll be happy just to be able to listen to them.

23. nvrfgt343

nvrfgt343 Well-Known Member

+1 for ESPN Score Center...it's free and you can keep track of all teams in all sports, pro and college.

24. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Might I add that live audio feeds are available for every game, for free. That's a really nice touch. Sorry guys I kept a link on my phone that explained about if you download it before Sept. 1st you were suppose to get it for free this season. I did the 2.2 ruu a couple weeks ago so I wiped my phone clean and now i can't find the link anywhere. The only problem with downloading it before Sept. 1st is, how would they know. The only thing I can think of is if you downloaded after Sept. 1st maybe it prompted people after the download some type of message. I really can't figure it out. There was also a thread about this a while ago I but can't find it either.

25. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

If NFL Mobile is Downloaded...Then...On or prior to 07/19/2010
    • receives Basic and Premium Features at no additional cost for the 2010 - 2011 NFL Season.
    • Data usage charged per the customer's data package.
    After 07/22/2010
    • receives Basic Features at no additional cost.
    • receives Premium Features at no additional cost through 09/07/2010.
    • effective 09/08/2010 requires $10 V CAST Video on Demand subscription.
    • Data usage charged per the customer's data package.

izzy35, taris300 and ramcharger1979 like this.