NFL.com Fantasy Football Devs don't like Android users

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I will never again be playing in a NFL.com fantasy league. In case you do no know the NFL.com mobile app or website will not work if you have an Ad blocker installed on your phone. Other fantasy apps from other site work fine. I emailed the developers about this issue to see if they could address it. Ad blockers have been around for many years on PCs before smart phones or fantasy football even existed. Here is the rude responses I received:

My reply:
    Now is when they start getting their rude attitude:
    My final response:
    Their final response:

Is this attitude really ok for a league that is supposed to have the fan's first? This is the fantasy league done by the league. I really expected a lot more from the NFL.

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Completely unacceptable. These nimrods didn't get the memo that the customer is always right (even if they are wrong, which I am not saying you are/were since you are not).
  3. chrlswltrs

Update: since posting this thread and sending a link to it directly to NFL fantasy (not the mobile developers) they have contacted me. We will see where it goes, if they really don't care about so many users (I hope this isn't true) or if this was just one lazy developer responding that didn't want to try and fix the app and was angry that someone had narrowed down the bug.
  4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm shocked ANY developers would respond like that.

No way we'll continue our league at NFL.com next year with this sort of customer service.
  5. chrlswltrs

I was shocked also. In fact the reason I lost this week is because I couldn't change my lineup from my phone. Mobile app doesn't work and also can't edit anything from Chrome on a phone if ads are blocked.

I forwarded all of the original emails to the new rep that has contacted me. They said they are looking into it and they want my input now, so I am hoping this was just an upset developer and things will get better. We will have to wait and see though.
  6. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

ESPN's is a good one to consider in the future.
  7. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

While no one should ever talk to a customer like that.....devil's advocate...isn't a developer allowed to protect their revenue by blocking people using ad blockers? Some websites do that too. If someone does that, just hurt them back by using another product.

Also, did you see the Yahoo server meltdown last week that made their fantasy network inaccessible from noon until 5 or so last weekend?
  8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

It's my favorite of them all, and imo the best.
    treb1797 likes this.
  9. chrlswltrs

Yes, my other league is a Yahoo league. I had a couple hours of problems, with NFL.com I can only edit my team from my iPad or PC (which uses ad blockers), so I am unable to make changes far more than a short outage. And how much revenue do you really think the NFL generates from a fantasy football app??

And no, developers should not. If they really want money instead of blocking so many users they should offer a paid working app. I always support developers and buy paid versions of apps, because I hate ads.
  10. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

I've found that the only way for me to access the nfl page on my phone is via opera browser, set to desktop mode!
  11. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, but it's still their choice. Just do as you say and don't play in an NFL.com league next year and maybe they'll get the message.

That's part of the reason I dropped out of the league here. Their app was just terrible.