NFL Live says im not a VZW cust

Last Updated:

1. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok im running CM .7 and on my phone it says Roaming Indicator Off. It says this on my lock screen and on on my notify bar when i pull it down.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/62127-nfl-mobile-live-out-droid.html

And from what i read here

Download: NFL Mobile on Verizon Now | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

All i have to do is change the text to read Verizon Wireless. This is what one guy says

"I figured out the "only for Verizon customers" bug, for me anyway. I had a custom name via pulldown editor. On a hunch, I opened up pulldown editor and changed that back to Verizon Wireless, applied, rebooted and sure enough, NFL worked.
    If you have Ultimate Droid, you'll have to do the same thing, to change it from "Ultimate Droid" to "Verizon Wireless".
    This sucks, because I really liked having my name in there rather than Verizon's branding. Hopefully someone will think up a work-around"

So how do i change this so i can get this app to load.

Advertisement
  2. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Its on the market in the Verizon section, did you try downloading from there?

3. jestexman

Yea if you read the comments there are a bunch of people having this problem. Im sure it will be fixed soon enough. (before football starts)

4. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

An updated version of NFL Mobile was already released today in the market. I downloaded the first release this morning and the updated version this afternoon. This updated version may fix your problem.

5. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

The update will not fix the problem. I downloaded the app about 10 minutes ago and it didn't work. It said I have to be on a verizon wireless plan which I already am. I'm running jrummy's remix of cyanogen. I had used the pull down editor a while back to change the banner to a different name. I had to change it back to Verizon via pull down editor and it worked after that.

6. ericks17

ericks17 Well-Known Member

I downloaded it from the market last night and it still didn't work, says I need to be VZW customer. Tried the pulldown editor both methods metamorph an update.zip but none change the pulldown its still blank. I'm using Fab's rom

7. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Chances are you were an Alltel customer and are still on an Alltel plan. Verizon is aware of the issue and is quickly attempting to correct it. Verizon staff received an internal email stating just that yesterday. Give em' some time, they'll sort things out!

8. jestexman

After reading all the comments in the market, i figure they will get on it pretty quick.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The 2 major issues are former All-Tel customers (not all, but a vast majority of them) as well as the banner. If your banner doesn't say Verizon then 99% of the time it will not work. If you're a former All-tel customer that came over to the RedZone after the buyout, then it seems more like a 75% chance it will not work (I have seen a report here or there of former All-Tel customers whose NFL app works, but I suspect that at least in one case the person canceled their existing and started a brand new contract from VZW - which ain't the same as being a former All-Tel customer that was ported over to VZW.

10. jestexman

Seems to me that someone will figure a way to fix this from the back end and all will be well.

I will only take one dev that cant get it to get pissed off and make it work. IMO...

Yea im ex alltel on a alltel plan so i know what my problem is.

11. johnlgalt

Well, the All-Tell customer thing is a VZW side fix.

The banner thing is, well, yea, a dev who will stop changing the banner in their current / next ROM release.

I run UD9.8 for now and I can confirm that with Verizon in the banner the NFL app is working perfectly fine. Now, I am not saying go get UD9.8 - just showing an example of the correct banner making the issue go away....

12. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Another update to the app today. It works with any banner now. I would assume it fixes the Alltel issue as well.

13. johnlgalt

Saw that - Now I can customize my banner again :p

14. jestexman

I can confirm that a person with a Alltel plan can now use this app. And someone said VZW would not fix it :)

15. the cdogg

the cdogg Active Member

yep. I'm a previous alltel customer and downloaded nfl mobile last night. working perfectly, even with this stupid "roaming indicator off" message that no one seems to be able to change!!