• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NFL mobile app not working

I just tried it right now. It works for me. I tried a video and it's playing off 3g.

Favre ain't retiring. I'm sure everyone saw that coming.

yep. just prolonging the reign of tovaris jackson (sarcasm). just wish they woulda taken jimmy clausen or colt mccoy so they could have favre mentoring them for a year before they could take the reigns. being a vikings fan is difficult.

/rant

and yes, the NFL Mobile app is working for me too. sorry, cant think of any ideas/reasons it wouldnt be for you. i'm so stoked to be able to watch sunday/thursday night games from my phone!

Upvote 0
Maybe give it a while and try again, or try it over Wifi and see what happens.

@john: Not a Favre fan, but hopefully he doesn't get broken :\ Dude's gonna need a walker and oxygen tank soon :) Also, I go to watch the Niners game on NFL Mobile and, wtf?! Patriots/Saints rerun? Noooooooooooo, my phone is tainted! Could have sworn that game was on NFL Network this Sunday...

Upvote 0
How awesome of a pickup was Westbrook? If he can stay healthy, and is even 75% of the player he was in Philly...such a great 1-2 punch in the backfield. I'm so stoked for the season. Although, Alex Smith makes me uneasy.

Back to topic, maybe try a turning your phone off and on, then trying the app.

It's a sweet app. Props to NFL/Moto/Verizon. Videos play so fast on 3g

Upvote 0
It is working well for me too, not sure what the problem is for you. Quick question since we are talking about this app. Does the video quality depend on your connection? The quality is pretty bad for me right now, but I'm not getting the greatest signal ever either...

Edit: I'm talking about the actual game playing. The short videos are in GREAT quality, but the gameplay is not so great and pixelated...

Upvote 0
As far as I know nfl mobile video will only work on 3g. So if you are on wifi or a weak 3g or 1x the video will not work.
That's not true. I'm on wifi right now, and it's working just fine.

It is working well for me too, not sure what the problem is for you. Quick question since we are talking about this app. Does the video quality depend on your connection? The quality is pretty bad for me right now, but I'm not getting the greatest signal ever either...

Edit: I'm talking about the actual game playing. The short videos are in GREAT quality, but the gameplay is not so great and pixelated...
Just watching the NFL network? The quality isn't the same as the short videos. It looks like it's just SD quality since it's 4:3. After watching for about 10 minutes or so, the audio has become out of sync...by maybe about 3-4 seconds.

Upvote 0
Ure
That's not true. I'm on wifi right now, and it's working just fine.

Just watching the NFL network? The quality isn't the same as the short videos. It looks like it's just SD quality since it's 4:3. After watching for about 10 minutes or so, the audio has become out of sync...by maybe about 3-4 seconds.

I am only talking about on demand video. In fact when you download the app it states that the video will only be sent over 3g. When I am on wifi the on demand video will say it's loading but it doesn't work. The rest of the app works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones