NFL Mobile app

Last Updated:

1. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Well I guess everyone has heard that NFL Mobile is exclusively being launched on Big Red's network since Verizon was the highest bidder.

The app comes complete with 24/7 live streaming of NFL Network to include 8 Thursday night games and 17 NBC Sunday Night games, live streaming video of the draft event, on-demand video analysis from NFL Network, a pick-by-pick draft tracker, and other content.

Unfortunately this app is only available to Verizon customers ... until now.

If you search "NFL Mobile app XDA" there should be a version that works for the BH2

Now you can root for your favorite team via Android :D

Advertisement
    dpshptl and behold_this like this.
  2. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

That is awesome. What sucks is that nfl don't start for a while, ahhhh. Is there a link?
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

searched "NFL Mobile app XDA" on google and on XDA and i found threads but nothing with an apk or link came up. any help? link?

NVM found it.

Thanx shawn!!!!
  4. behold_this

@shawn1224 have you tested it out on your B2?
  5. shawn1224

Yea everything works except when I try to stream NFL Network sometimes I only get audio or it says videos currently not available.
  6. behold_this

that's cool. have you gotten the feed to work at all or always something wrong? Hopefully it's just cause of the offseason, maybe working out kinks in the system or something. thanx again, i'm gonna mess around with it a bit now.
  7. shawn1224

Not yet but I've heard that this is also a problem with verizon handsets as well. Probably just a bug to be worked out. I'm staying tuned to see if there's a fix in the works.
  8. laker666

laker666 Well-Known Member

downloaded the apk. whats the step by step for putting it onto my phone? thanks
  9. bluey123

bluey123 Well-Known Member

plug your phone into the usb and mount the card and copy thr apk to your phone then use astro to install it.
  10. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

Or you can install tAttachApkInstaller... email it to your gmail account and then click preview. Then it will ask you which program to open it with... choose tAttachApkInstaller and voila! No Computer necessary :-D
  11. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

It's a real good app. Just not in season yet. Only thing I really use it for is for draft prospects, but I will use it like crazy when the season starts. Which they had a similar NBA app.

Go Raiders btw! yes...I said it...Raiders. lol
  12. inaz4sun

inaz4sun Well-Known Member

I did a search and couldn't find it, where did you end up finding it?
  13. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member

When I try to play a video it says "content currently not available please try again later" Did anyone else get this error? Does anyone know if you will be able to actually watch a game on it or if you can see exactly what is on NFL network on the phone?
  14. shawn1224

Yea, I think everyone is getting the error, so far only N1 users have reported that they can view videos so it must be a driver issue. There's a dev over @ xda working on getting it fixed.
    dpshptl likes this.
  15. shawn1224

I haven't tested this with the Behold 2 yet but I got it working on mytouch.

If you alter the build.prop file or build.sapphire.prop file (which is the case for mytouch) in the system folder, videos are now working.

If anybody is more familiar with editing the prop files, we should get this to work on the Behold

Maybe if we can get our Behold guru BH_MAN to take a look at this, we might be in business.

EDIT - this fix only worked with 3G network and not wifi
  16. shawn1224

After some tinkering with the build.prop files I finally got video working for the Behold 2

I repeat, we now have a fully functional NFL Mobil app for the Behold 2

Confirmed that it works with 1.6 Galaxy R8 rom

Root is required

Download Build.prop file
    unzip to tools folder
    adb push build.prop /system
    reboot

You now have working videos with NFL Mobile app

Works with 3G and wifi.

Attached Files:

grrrizo likes this.
  17. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Shawn:

Can you let us know what you have changed in the file, and if they change anything else with the phone. Thanks, can't wait to watch!
  18. shawn1224

These are the changes I made

HTML:
    1. ro.product.model=HERO200
    2. ro.product.brand=sprint
    3. ro.product.name=htc_heroc
    4. ro.product.device=heroc
    5. ro.product.board=heroc
    6. ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
    7. ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
    8. ro.product.locale.language=en
    9. ro.product.locale.region=US
    10. ro.board.platform=msm7k
    11. # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    12. ro.build.product=heroc
    13. # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    14. ro.build.description=opal-user 1.6 DRC92 15632 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
    15. ro.build.fingerprint=sprint/htc_heroc/heroc/heroc:1.5/CUPCAKE/85027:user/release-key
    Everything else works as far as I can tell
  19. behold_this

pretty sure all you really need to change in the Build.prop is:

ro.product.brand=samsung to ro.product.brand=sprint
  20. shawn1224

Nah, I tried that and it didn't work
  21. behold_this

Well all I changed is ro.product.brand and ro.build.fingerprint on wife's cliq and it worked! Just haven't tried on behold til I get a new data cable
    shawn1224 likes this.
  22. shawn1224

Fingerprint makes more sense. I'll try it out and update build.prop

Thanks
    behold_this likes this.
  23. shawn1224

Nope that doesn't work either. It's more to it than just product.brand and build.fingerprint
  24. behold_this

That's weird that it works for cliq and not behold. Oh well thanx for trying.
  25. behold_this

You know, we shouldn't need product.name, .device, .board or .manufacturer. Maybe try adding inthe build.description and build.product edit with fingerprint and brand. The others really should not effect the video