NFL Mobile...cool app!

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was stuck in a friends shop getting some work done to my car and he didn't have a TV so I pulled up the NFL Mobile app on my phone and for a $3.00 daily pass, I was able to watch the Saints/Vikings game live on my phone! Thats a pretty cool app!!!

Advertisement
  2. javaman70

javaman70 Member

Sad part is the app was free until the reg season started .....now $10 per month on top of the $30 for the data plan

3. Chuck1906

I was able to watch last nights game for $3... I didnt need a $30 data plan unless I already have it included with my plan. I thought about getting the $10 a month plan but then figured how many times am i gonna be in a position where I would miss a game...not many so I opted for the daily pass instead. Also for anybody interested in this app, it works 20 times better with Wi-Fi turned on!!! With it off, you will have all kinds of digital hiccups! Its not really live either. I noticed about a 10-15 second delay from what was on TV.

4. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

Huh. I loaded the app last night and watched the game (well, just the second quarter) for free. I guess I'll enjoy it while I can!

5. odock

odock Well-Known Member

hmmm this is odd i watched it last night for free as far as i know there was nothing saying i needed to pay for it when i opened up the game...

6. Chuck1906

WOW! yall must have gotten a complimentary free view or I must have gotten shafted with paying 3 bucks!! LOL!

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

free for me as well. I have NFL Redzone on FIOS so Im not sure if that make a difference. I know its free on my wifes Eris as well.

8. Chuck1906

Hmmm well the app itself was free for me and I could navigate and check scores and read up on my team etc all for free. However last night when I pulled up the game, it told me that I had to pay a fee to watch it.

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I watched the game last night for a few minutes just to check the quality and I was not prompted for a charge at all.

10. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Same here...I believe I was using it for free, as I had no message pop up telling me that I was going to be charged. I just figured we were being given a trial run. I guess the next bill will be interesting. Regarding it, I thought the app was great. Went to bed at the beginning of 4th qtr and watched it with no problem.

11. jc82

jc82 Member

NFL mobile is free untill the end of the year

12. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Do you know this FOR SURE!!!! and how do you know this info. Your sayn that we can view games and not get billed later through verizon OR through our google account that is registered for when er want to purchase apps(if you have that pre-set).??

13. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Maybe you guys forgot that you had downloaded it before? It's supposed to be free if you ORIGINALLY downloaded the app before a certain date (earlier this summer). After that date, you are supposed to have to pay, but maybe they changed something...

14. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Yea as-soon-as I received my droid(I thnk may or june) i downloaded it. Then took it off b/c NOT football season. I recently put it back on. Perhaps it "remmebered" me and therefore it will be "free".??? Any thoughts to that. would I be correct?

anyhelp!!:eek:

15. Chuck1906

I am gonna test it out tomorrow and see if it will let me watch a live game for free because they sure made me pay 3 bucks Thursday night!

16. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

I did download it before, too - so maybe that is the key.

17. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe they have a flag set in the system if you downloaded it prior. I'm not sure how they do it, but it makes sense that they can. I really hope it's tied to your phone number though and not your MEID (or whatever it's called on VZW phones). I am getting a refurb next week (bad power button), and I really want my free season... :D

OT : Also really cool, I found out since I subscribe to the "Ultimate" package on my Fios TV, I get Red Zone free there as well...Can't wait for tomorrow! To top it all off, tomorrow nights late game is my team (which means I get to see it...National Television)...

GO SKINS!!!

18. Burns11

Burns11 Member

Mine was free before, but when I went to use it today it wants to charge me for vcast.

19. bdrsvt

bdrsvt Active Member

I watched nfl redzone through my droid today when I had to leave the house for a while. It was flawless and only had about a 10 sec delay from what I was seeing on my television. The app and the redzone are free for me.

20. Chuck1906

I must have downloaded the app to late then if you all are getting to watch the games for Free. I tried to watch some games yesterday and a thing came on the screen saying I need to subscribe to V Cast video on Demand to watch any Live content or NFL Redzone etc. Now it WILL let me hear the audio from various games and I can still access scores and team info and that sort of thing but no actual live game coverage unless I subscribe.

21. djembeman

djembeman Well-Known Member

I'm only able to get live audio and it sounds like what I normally hear on the local talk radio station... not the TV audio. It's great for me especially when traveling and they don't play my teams games. I have not been asked to pay ever. I'll have to try watching other games to see what happens.

22. smguy101

smguy101 Well-Known Member

well i watched last weeks game for free and now I'm watching the Colts and Giants game for free. I guess it depends on when you got the NFL mobile app.

23. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

yea it must remember that you downloaded it previously because after re-installing it I can watch all games w/o being charged.

on a side note.....could the quality get any worse? even on a 20meg wifi connection the pixilization makes it unwatchable because of all the lag and refresh rate.

24. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member

mine keeps saying video unavaible