NFL on Droid!

Last Updated:

1. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, when it was announced that VZW had paid $750 million to broadcast NFL Thursday and Sunday Night games, as well as the Red Zone Channel, I was cautiously optimistic. I was worried it would only be for V-Cast. So I shot a quick email off to VZW...

My Email :
    The Response :
    That was under 24 hours for the response. Pretty cool of them to be on the ball like that...

Advertisement
    Snaz and Droid Fan Kevin like this.
  2. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Woot. I always thought that NFL coverage (and prices) would be the only reason to join Sprint BUT NOW I don't need to worry about that!

3. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

I don't understand how updating my personal information has anything to do with receiving NFL related material on my phone...

Did you actually do this and receive a notice or are you just blindly posting the email that Matt sent you?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I was wondering the same thing- when I logged in to my MyVZW account I saw absolutely nothing having to do with VZW specialty services.

That being said, however, I wouldn't say the OP is blindly posting an email reply, b/c that is the email reply that he received. If, in fact, this has nothing to do with NFL on our phones, then the blame should lie with the VZW Tech that sent the email, not the OP.

5. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted the response I got from VZW in it's full. I did not update my info as it says in the email, but from what I can tell, if you do that it just sends "new product" announcements and info to your phone (I would guess via text or something). I don't really need that, as I just wanted to know if NFL draft was coming to Droid...

6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

There already is NFL football on our DROIDs. Not through verizon. Get the superfan package from Directv and download the super fan app in the market. Then you can watch all the games, not just thursday and sunday night.