1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Red Zone

Last Updated:

1. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 Member This Topic's Starter

I want opinions on Verizon's VCast video w/ Red Zone ($10 month?).
    I recently moved to Washington state and can't watch the Philadelphia Eagles (I am in an apartment so Directv is not an option). I was wondering if it is a viable option for watching the Eagles games? Are all games available each week?

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Does that show games in their entirety? I saw a commercial for DirectTV mocking what I think was RedZone for only showing clips of games.

I picked this up from a Verizon page:

"NFL RedZone takes viewers around the league every Sunday afternoon for live coverage of critical plays when any team is inside its opponent's 20-yard line."

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I don't think it's worth $10. The video is pretty choppy. I tried Vcast out for the World cup and the video sucked. I'm not sure if it's different for NFL mobile but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I ended up just googling the matches that I wanted to see and surprisingly there were a lot of sites that streamed the game live. The video was much better and less choppy IMO. Why don't you try it out this weekend when Philly rocks the Lions. :p

4. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

Red Zone goes from game to game. You cannot watch every game. DirectTV offers an app to watch every game on your phone. You have to prove you cannot get DTV where you live and it costs $350..

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Wow :eek: thats steep

6. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

you also should check with your cable company. Most offer Red Zone. It is better than nothing plus you don't have to watch it on your phone. Basically what Red Zone does is if a team is in the Red Zone they go to that game. If no one is about to score they generally stay with the closest game. I had it last year.

7. antjonz

antjonz New Member

Free Live Sports Streams on your PC, Live Football Stream, Live MLB, Live NBA, Live NHL and more...

Watch Online TV, Sports, News and Entertainment for free at channelsurfing

I use these links to watch Giants games on my computer. The first link I believe you have to download some additional software (Vshare.tv and/or Veetle.com I think, but you will be prompted to do so), but it defnitely works. The quality and the streaming video is VERY good, not "HD" quality, but I find it more than good enough to watch.

I actually don't know why I'm trying to help you...especially since you are an Eagles fan! lol!! It'll be interesting to see how Vick does on Sunday. Do me a favor and let me know how these links work for you. I believe the 1st one is the best, but try them both to see which one gives you the best video stream.

fdisker2000 likes this.
  8. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone, I guess RedZone isn't for me. Thanks Antjonz for the links.

9. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

I think if you pay for NFL Ticket, you can get it a lot cheaper. Either way it is a ripoff.