Nfl stop texting me please!

1. wacofan

wacofan Member

I DL the NFL app during the preseason and then when the season started they wanted to start charging for it so I deleted. I keep getting the morning text message even thought I have TEXT to 4635 STOP and they just keep sending them, Does anyone know how to actually stop these messages? Its really annoying.

Advertisement
  2. blay

blay Well-Known Member

I just replied Stop and it stopped. Maybe I got lucky. :)
  3. They are supposed to stop when you reply STOP. If they dont, contact your carrier and tell them you are getting texts that you replied stop to. They will block that number from contacting you, and contact the provider to tell them they need to stop when people reply stop.
  4. brock350

brock350 Member

you get charged for NFL mobile?...have not seen it yet...is it a special feature or?
  5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

You have to pay for video, the rest is free.

To the OP, i had to test stop twice and it worked.
    There is also a setting in the app. Maybe re download it and change the setting?
  6. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I have been watching the video and all since it was released and I havent seen any charges... I even called to make sure they didnt show me subscribed to the Vcast... Possible that it just uses the network but doesnt make you subscribe?.. Kinda like picture messages, they use the 3g services on a dumbphone but are included in your texting package...
  7. Super_Six_Two

Preseason video was free, and I used it. Then they updated the app and when I try to watch video now it tells me I need to be subscribed. Maybe you have an older version?
  8. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..

App Version: 2.0.4
    Player - 2.5.54.126134

It cant be but so old cause I just got this device a week or so ago... I had it on my old Droid and Ally also...
  9. Super_Six_Two

I have the same version. When I click to watch live I get an error that says "Please subscribe to VCast Videos to watch LIVE and On Demand video."
  10. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

If you downloaded it before a certain date (july 15th or thereabouts?) it is free until the end of the year or the end of the season - don't know which.