• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NHL Gamecenter

I really want to update to the Premium but I'm scared because I. May want to upgrade to live one day later on. Is it 60 dollars when upgrading to Live from Premium or do they charge you full 80?

I could not find a way to just upgrade and pay $60, but I was also very impatient so I ended up paying the $80.

If you are just looking to be able to listen to games you could look at RadioTime. It is only $2.99 and has a whole list of Sports stations. I was looking the other day and they were actually broken down by Team too.

Upvote 0
I could not find a way to just upgrade and pay $60, but I was also very impatient so I ended up paying the $80.

If you are just looking to be able to listen to games you could look at RadioTime. It is only $2.99 and has a whole list of Sports stations. I was looking the other day and they were actually broken down by Team too.
Post #42 has all the games... and they are free.

Upvote 0
When I watch highlights from games the video only shows on like 3/4 of the screen. Looks normal when the sliderbar is shown, but when it dissapears the bottom 1/4 is totally empty, showing the stock system background. Any idea why? Anyway to fix?

Video settings would be my first thought. Go into settings and see what quality level you have set.

Upvote 0
Tried both normal and high, no difference there. Can't find any other settings for video.

Which phone is this on? There are some phones that this may just not work right on.

To trouble shoot I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that has any effect. If not, then I would try switching between Wifi and 3G to see if either works differently. I would also try highlights from different teams to see if it may just be the broadcast from one particular franchise that is doing that.

Upvote 0
ok, i could have sworn the first time i used this app the videos were clear and smooth. now they are so choppy. i've tried on 3g and 2 different wifi networks, home and work, and it's annoying to watch. the resolution is incredible, but it's a bit choppy, and turning down the video quality doesn't help. i made sure i had as little else running at the same time too.

anyone else having issues with the video being choppy?

I am. Just the videos, the Live streams look great. Irregardless of 3G or Wifi, normal or high quality, the video replays stutter. Not sure why they would when the live feeds are smooth.

Upvote 0
I am. Just the videos, the Live streams look great. Irregardless of 3G or Wifi, normal or high quality, the video replays stutter. Not sure why they would when the live feeds are smooth.

I noticed that the widget combined with live wallpaper was causing something like this for me. Turned them both off and everything is smooth again.

Upvote 0

irregardless_t_shirt-p235527373624438705474n_400.jpg

Upvote 0
i reset my entire phone. reinstalled my apps, resynced my calendar, contacts, etc. still choppy.

an update came to the market for the premium the other day. i installed it, still choppy.

i went here: NHL.com - NHL Headquarters and emailed them and they replied with their standard FAQ answer of needing a better 3g/wifi connection, which is definitely not the issue.

so frustrating. feels like i wasted the $20. i'd love to actually be able to watch the highlights i paid for without being so annoyed at the stuttering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones