1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

NI Waiting until Pixel Qi in stock before selling LCD?

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Rohan said they *could* sell LCD today but are waiting until more Pixel Qi models are in stock.

Why would this make sense? I'm really trying to understand why they would do this. I really want an Adam and would like one today. And its obvious many folks would pay for one now. What business sense applies to hold off selling product A to customers who want it until product B is in stock?

Advertisement
    :
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I know the feeling. As much as I am an advocate for the Adam and Rohan's vision and what he is trying to accomplish, there are a few of the decisions are just plain out frustrating.
  3. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but it doesn't add up completely. You've got a large group of people chomping at the bit to buy your product, which you say you could have available to purchase right now, yet you are holding off? Strange. And I'm one of these people who might jump if it was available.
  4. redshift1

redshift1 Well-Known Member

I liked these for a while as well, now It seems NI will be best remembered for Its incomprehensible marketing paradigm.
  5. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Even if I think NI will not last, I am buying the Adam anyway. This thing is awesome and I think will be the best thing out there for a year or two. I also totally believe they will at least be around long enough to port honeycomb over with the Eden UI. Given that, I can get several good years out of the Adam even if they go under. If they last, then all the better.

Maybe the guy is a genious and his strategy is brilliant. I don't see it or get it. I just want the damn product.
  6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Well that might be the case. I was at first shocked and dismayed as to why he would give exclusive coverage to those that flat out said it was vaporware or a scam. But like reverse psychology he turned the tables by having them see it first.

Still the lack of a booth still doesn't make sense to me.

TS