Nice, but.....

Last Updated:

1. onefastsi

onefastsi New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, after 2 years with the iPhone, and about 3 months now with the new EVO, I have to say...Apple has THE phone! Easier to use, less to 'figure out' without having to go on Google, and just more eye candy and simpler layout.

I never had to search for now to do something, had easy of setup and operation...and so what if you can't 'hack it'...I like to have a phone that does some great stuff, doesn't change on me whenever it feels like, and is simple to use.

And the apps?! LOL...aside from Angry Birds, NOTHING compares to the plethora of GREAT apps on the iPhone! OMG! Not even close!

but I do like the phone, wish I could have used Sprint with it however...I'd still be carrying it today if that were the case.....

Oh well, maybe the EVO and Android will get better with age...I sure hope so! I miss my iPhone! :)

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

I'll just not comment here. But welcome to the forums

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

6. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Welcome! We love new members!

7. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

where's IOWA?

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!! We're glad to have ya!!

9. onefastsi

onefastsi New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys! Just a quick question...how do I "Polish" this EVO? it's just very rough around the edges...like when I change my 'layout' it deletes EVERYTHING! All my apps, etc.

Even the apps are just very unpolished...too much if NOT a good thing sometimes :)

10. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I guess it depends on the apps that you choose to install and use. I find most, though not necessarily all, of the apps I've installed to be polished. As you have indicated being a fan of the Apple UI and experience, don't forget that this isn't the same well controlled world that Mr. Jobs requires of every iPhone.

Android is based on Linux, an operating System that has done it's own thing for years. Here we are fortunate to have the ability to do much of what we want and change many of the attributes that we want to change. We have no manufacturer-specific standards that all applications must conform to. As such each developer can do what they think is most appropriate for their app... whether it matches everyone elses or not.

When you change the layout or theme on a phone it removes the shortcuts and widgets from the home screen but the applications themselves should still be installed on the phone. This is expected behavior. After all you basically just given yourself a new home screen and things may no longer be located where you want them.

By long pressing on an open piece of space on the home screen you can then re-add the shortcuts and widgets or add different shortcuts or widgets.