nice lil droid camera trick

Last Updated:

1. jleejordan

jleejordan Banned

first off .... i don't think it's my imagination, but did they secretly come into my house and fix the camera on the droid whilst i was asleep ??????

anyway, in camera mode,if you double tap the right side of the viewable image area it will go to full ZOOM IN. adversely, if you double tap the left side it will go to full ZOOM OUT.

it's really handy for ultra quick zooming to capture the chick bending over to vacuum out her car at the carwash ...bwwaahhhaahhhaa

that skirt was too short anyway. almost didn't need to bend over. sorry about the lewdness, but there's nothing to do at work right now.

Advertisements
  2. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

PICS OR BAN!!!! haha jk.

3. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Well-Known Member

I believe it has always been able to zoom. And it doesn't matter where on the screen you tap, it will zoom in first, if already zoomed, a double tap anywhere will zoom back out.

And the phantom auto-fix last night seems to be not quite true, the auto-focus but may somehow be linked to date/time.

4. jleejordan

jleejordan Banned

it seems you're right about the tap zoom. no matter where you tap it, it works. i knew it had a zoom function, but the ol double tap is much easier than hitting the small magnifying glass icons. i'm surprised they didn't use the volume keys for zoom ... like every other "smart" phone i've ever had.

if the auto focus thang is linked the date/time ... then that's weird. i'm inclined to believe that it was those damned droid-gnomes that wake me up every night (im a light sleeper). i usually scare them away before they can make my phone any awesomer (not a real word). seriously though ... everyone's cam stopped eating wiener on the same day ???? i like how everyone swore it was a dirty lens .....pfff. then they all claimed that it really made the camera better after they cleaned it. i didn't clean mine and after reading the first "cam update" thread, i tried the cam out and it was great. no cleaning required.

oh ... and about the pics ... i erased them before i got home. i just don't need to explain it to my wife. and besides, it was more about goofing off at work than being a pro-pervert. they were good pics ... just not a great "model" ... hm hm. they would have been a let down.

5. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Well-Known Member

6. jleejordan

jleejordan Banned

how freakin weird. i like how the posts at the end of the article say how the android community is "silent" about this event. ppppfffff. i wonder how they think they got the info for the article. i posted a good ol long rant on there too.

7. howtodo?

howtodo? Member

Removing task killer also helped me speed up my Droid.