• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nice Run With the Galaxy Avant... Moving On Soon

cupofcloud

Nov 6, 2012
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll soon be moving on to my next Android smartphone. I enjoyed using my Samsung Galaxy Avant very dearly, and would've probably still stayed with it another year before moving on but recently my micro USB port has been acting up. I do want to say, I don't think it's the fault of the build quality. I just tend to always keep my phone plugged in whenever I'm using it at home and work, that way when I do go anywhere that I'm not close to an outlet, at least I'm leaving with a full charge. Anywho, I noticed my cable had to be pushed in a certain way in order to have a proper connection to begin charging the battery. I tried a couple other cables, same thing. I think am close to having the port worn out.. or possibly benrbent out of shape as there were a couple episodes when I've dropped the phone while plugged in, and the phone landed on the plug end - possibly bending the port inside.
So after looking around I decided to spend a little more than I normally do (I've never spent more than $150ish for a phone - that way if I lose or break it, I can afford a replacement with my next paycheck after bills) and paid $235 after tax for a moto g (2015), custom built on their website's motomaker.
It'll be arriving in a couple days and I'll be migrating over the the moto g forum section of this site.
I'll definitely keep my avant as a backup phone (it still charges with a little work involved trying to get a good connection) but I'll be focused on my new moto g and won't be frequenting here as often.
Thank you for all your help and support here and if any of you on MetroPCS decides to go a similar route with buying a Motorola G, E, X models after you graduate from your Avant, feel free to message me and I'll share with you my experiences of getting metro to transfer the sim card info to your new phone. I will be doing this soon, going the DIY route via their website or phone system, to save the $15 they'd charge to do this at the store. Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition.
Peace

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones