Nice screen off featureTips

1. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Well one thing I just now notice is that in call mode the screen goes off when you hold it to your ear so that your face or ear doesn't accidentally ends your call and I guess it is sensed by the FFC or proximity sensor but goes back to lighted as soon as you pull it away from your ear/face. I am not sure if other androids do this though.

Advertisement
    :
  2. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

This is the only android phone that has done this for me. I also love when you pull your ear away the number pad automatically comes up. Which is really awesome.
    2FR35H likes this.
  3. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

The Nexus One does this as well.
  4. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

My Evo does this too.
  5. xxartixx

xxartixx Active Member

Htc desire does it
  6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Virtually all smartphones with touchscreens do this via an infrared proximity sensor. They have to do it otherwise each time you hold it up to your ear/face the phone would recognize any contact on the screen just like a finger press. It's called face-dialing and the iPhone 4 had issues with it due to a faulty sensor. A few of the cheaper phones don't have a sensor, but they also don't react the same to touchscreen contact during a call.

You've probably heard of pocket-dialing too, where the phone is in your pocket and wakes up from a press of the power button. But on some phones there is no unlock screen so you could end up calling Tibet for hours without knowing.
    :)
    Frisco likes this.