Nickname in Contacts?Tips

Last Updated:

1. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched high and low for a solution with no avail.

In gmail contacts you can create a nickname for contacts, which I love. For example, say I have a friend who is nicknamed 'Hoss' but his real name is Josh Henry. I don't want his display name to be Josh Hoss Henry, but I still want to be able to search for the contact Hoss.

I maintain my personal contacts with full name, business, position, etc to maintain my professional and personal network, but I know some people I went to school with primarily by nicknames, but this isn't a convienent way to name people when using emails and forwards, etc.

Anyone have a solution or is there a way to pressure Google to incorporate it in a new release of Google syncing?

Advertisement
  2. lasoff

lasoff New Member

I installed Contact Search+ a couple of days ago and it's not as good as my BlackBerry, but it is better than the default search.

The install notes mention that it learns to search the contacts (people) after you use it 5 or 10 times. I think it cost $3.99.

To use, you just press the lower-right search button, then enter your search-string, then you will probably have to look through a few of the entries until you find your contact. It's gets a little easier as you use it.