Nigh Mode SampleSupport

Last Updated:

1. arvindm

arvindm Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I just thought I'd put up 2 pics to show you how good the night mode is. They were taken probably 10 secs apart in my room which isn't too bright (as can be seen in the first pic). The second image is with night mode on.

http://imgur.com/4U2Gv.jpg - without night mode
    http://imgur.com/Ww89N.jpg - WITH night mode

Hope this helps quell the problems lot of people had about the phone lacking a flash.

Cheers

Advertisement
    TCC, elchingon666, sk1d and 2 others like this.
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Where is that mode?? I can't find it... Help pls

3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Night Mode

4. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

When cameras loaded on left of screen touch the SCN tab and it shows all the options including night

5. sk1d

sk1d Member

Wow, that's actually better than a flash if that's real. I'm not doubting you, but if I could see a couple more samples that would easily prove to everyone that the lack of a flash is not a big deal.

6. TCC

TCC Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a few samples with people in them. Taking pictures of things that move is quite different than static scenes like in the examples.

That said, I appreciate the samples, thank you very much.

And, I have never had much luck with digital cameras in low light, even with a flash so I don't miss a flash at all. Dark inside a club is dark inside a club, a flash isn't really going to make your picture all that much better, especially a led flash I don't think, but I don't have any experience with phone cameras with flashes so I might be way off base.

7. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

I don't have any samples to upload right now but I can confirm that Night Mode works very well. The camera is good at taking bright pictures even in Normal Mode but I even got Night Mode to take a sufficiently visible (although dark) picture of a room when Normal Mode just yielded a complete black picture.