1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Nike+ GPS app for android?

Last Updated:

1. DreadPirate

DreadPirate Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if there will be a Nike+ GPS app for android-based phones? I have been using the Nike+ sensor and my ipod touch for a while now to track my runs, but would love to get that setup integrated into my phone. I know there are other apps out there, but I've been using the Nike+ website to plan my runs and would prefer to be able to keep that integration.

If there are equivalent programs with website integration I would like to hear about them, though. Any tips would be appreciated!

Advertisement
    xpf0440 likes this.
  2. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

Although there are no Nike+ apps for the Android, runkeeper is the best multiplatform (at least for iPhone and Android) with website integration and a LOT more features than nike+, even with their new update.

I too, have a a nike+ sensor, but it proved only decent to what runkeeper can do (map out your runs, etc) I would get runkeeper pro and switch over.

Here's a sample run I did 3 months ago (yes, Im not that fast.):
    nguyener's Activities | RunKeeper

You can also try Google My Tracks.

3. williap

williap Member

I emailed Nike on Monday to ask if they were releasing this app for Android and they confirmed that they have an agreement with Apple which means it's highly unlikely.

4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it. I do a lot of running on my treadmill and Nike+ tracks that with no problems while GPS trackers don't. It's the one thing my iTouch did that my Android phone doesn't do. Nike does have an agreement with Apple though that probably costs them tons of money. If they make an app for another OS, they compromise that agreement.

5. matthewbarnaby

matthewbarnaby Member

I emailed Nike and got exactly the same answer! Such a huge shame but it seems that they have made a deal with the devil ;-).

Adidas on the other hand are apparently 'bullish' in developing their 'micoach' for android. Said there are huge problems due to the sheer amount of differing hardware in phones but it seems to be enroute (no pun).

Runkeeper and Google MyTracks are the best in my view

6. A.Nonymous

I'm not familiar with the Adidas software, but I don't see where there would be huge problems. Nike+ simply uses BT to communicate with the sensor.

7. xpf0440

xpf0440 New Member

it is good?

8. crazie.eddie

crazie.eddie Member

I'm not familiar with Nike+ GPS, but it looks very similar to what I use, called RunGPS Trainer. I've used it before on my Windows Mobile phone and just recently switched over to their Android app. FYI, download their app directly from their website if you want to install it on the SD card. Somehow, the copy on marketplace does give you that option. Run GPS's tech support state it's because their app is a service.

9. tripaolo

tripaolo New Member

The official nike+ is in development...so stay tuned for more soon...

10. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

11. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Any chance some one can upload the apk? Keeps saying its not compatible with my Evo. :-(

12. korrupTed

korrupTed Well-Known Member

We're not allowed to share apk's here, sorry. It's also just compatible with 2 out of 3 phones in my account. I wonder what makes it incompatible?

13. INvinter23

INvinter23 Well-Known Member

got nike+ today and good thing that it works just fine since i cannot use my Nike + ipod... idk what's wrong with it... i cannot select a powersong... :(

14. INvinter23

INvinter23 Well-Known Member

correction:

I can play a powersong but i cannot activate my walking sensor with my Nike + ipod... >_<

15. guyweston

guyweston New Member

It's only compatible with O2 phones in the UK if you get it from Google Play.

You can install it if you do a quick search for "nike plus apk" and download it from an unofficial source. Should get you up and running on any network.

---------------------------------

Guy Weston
    Digital Marketing Consultant

16. A.Nonymous

The Nike+ app is a fail IMO because it doesn't work with their own sensor.