1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Nike+ sensor application soon?

Last Updated:

1. Robworldwide

Robworldwide New Member This Topic's Starter

Does the Nexus One have the capability to capture the signal from my Nike+ sensor in my shoe?

Is there an application available or coming soon that functions as a real-time tracker of my runs (and not just an app that will download static data from my NikePlus account online?)

Advertisement
  2. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

ridlydidly likes this.
  3. chamo4u2

chamo4u2 New Member

I use RunKeeper.com app should be in the android market under "Runkeeper" it's free it's pretty good as long as you have a good gps signal and you can upload when you finish your run I love it it tracks your distant/time/weight/cals/ elevation maps/ and also gives you a mapquest map of what you ran....it's like they combined mapmyrun.com with this and it's AWESOME!!

ridlydidly likes this.
  4. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Cardiotrainer is good.

ridlydidly and volksrod brian like this.
  5. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I recently splurged on the Sports Track Live app($10) and purchased the 'kind of expensive' ($99!) Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate monitor for my daily mountain biking rides and I'm very very happy with it. I have it set to voice my heart rate at 30 second intervals when I desire and I could see all my stats/route on the phone as well as the STL website after uploading my rides on their site. It seems pretty accurate for a mobile phone sat/gps application but to be honest, I have no prior experience with any sort of gps tracking device or a heart rate monitor.

As others have mentioned, there are plenty of free apps that can provide plenty of use if you don't need a fancy app that communicates with a HR monitor, etc.;)

6. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

I second cardiotrainer - been using it for quite some time and it does a great job. I especially like how it will talk over whatever music/podcasts I have playing while jogging to tell me time/distance/calories/pace (however I have it configured).

It has a bunch of plugins that I have not touched yet, but I may go and grab the racing extension since I have a basic run that is always the same during the week.

Supposedly cardiotrainer will update Google Health if you want it to... But I think that isn't going to actually happen until a future release as it didn't load up my last run to Google health - or I don't know how to find it on Google Health.

ridlydidly likes this.
  7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I use Endomundo

8. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I downloaded CardioTrainer a few days ago, so far so good. It seems to be great.

ridlydidly likes this.
  9. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I use the same app works well.

10. ridlydidly

ridlydidly New Member

This cud be a game changer...I love Nike + and am prepared to try Cardio Trainer and Google My Tracks...will let you know how I get on...2 months left on iPhone so if Android doesn't cut it do I extend? Watch this space...