• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NIMble Desk Phone: Land Lines Of The Future

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
As far as independent people go, it seems the younger you are the less chance there is that you have a home phone land line. More and more people are using their cell phone as their home phone number, too. Why not since you always have it with you and it’s always on?I have to [...]

More...

I'm in two minds about how well this will take off. Part of me says it's a great idea, but if it was available now, I would be asking myself if I actually need any of it.

I ditched my landline a couple of years ago, and one of the big advantages to it is that I only have one number now so people don't need to work out if I'm home or not before calling. If there was some way that a NIMble Desk Phone could detect when you are around and the calls are diverted to that, then I guess that would solve that one. But it seems a bit overkill for being too lazy to take the mobile out of my pocket.

STM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones