Nimbuzz - How do you Deny specific system acess?

Last Updated:

1. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the Nimbuzz app today. It has system access to prevent the phone from sleeping. Which really sucks because I can't leave it running in the background so I stay logged on. If I keep the Nimbuzz services running then The display won't time out on inactivity. If you close the services then You can't get the incoming chats.

Is there away to deny certain access to apps but allow the rest and install it? From my experience I've only seen that it's all or nothing.

Advertisement
  2. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

I would love an answer to this one as well. It has not been a huge problem for me because I was used to the buggy and unreliable windows mobile before this, so it is automatic for me that I will ALWAYS shut off the phone manually when I'm done using it.... but that doesn't help 100% of the time, so i'd love to hear a solution on this one....

3. Durkan

Durkan Well-Known Member

yeah i didnt like nimbuzz i think meebo is better than nimbuzz or ebuddy. ebuddy just lacks options and doesnt give me a notification on the status bar and no led flash, i like meebo over the other two, give it a try.

4. doomedromance

Thanks. I'll give meebo a try. But more than wanting to use Nimbuzz I was hoping there was away to deny the app access to certain things. Some apps I've seen need to access random crap I wouldn't think it needed. In those cases I don't install the app at all.

I'm hesitant to try meebo, it too has acess to prevent the phone from sleeping. I don't see why a im client that runs all the time in the background needs this access. It's not a game or a movie.

5. spectrrr

I gave meebo a try, it lets the phone go to sleep. IM problem solved (I think).

6. doomedromance

Ya meebo works for me too. Thanks. Nimbuzz gone. I do like how they separate chats and stuff though. But I don't like that I had to create a Nimbuzz account, though it was nice to log in one account and already have all my chat clients set up. Meebo you don't need to make an account, thats nice.

I wish there was a way to deny privileges like i think you can on BBs if I remember correctly? and on Facebook/Myspace apps. Haha.

7. spectrrr

8. MysteryloverAnne

MysteryloverAnne Well-Known Member

The only reason I haven't tried Meebo is I want an app that supports Skype. So I am using Nimbuzz, but the problem I have is I want to be able to see the chats in the groups or rooms we use on Skype and it seems to only allow me to chat one-to-one. Any suggestions or ideas?