Ninjamorph...

Last Updated:

1. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so with the new MM breaking all of the old MM themes (needing to use .xml instead of .thm files now). It seems that the team behind MM has given us another goodie to mess with our phones... :)

Go check it out it is on the market for 2.99 and is worth every penny imo. It is called Ninjamorph and allows you to change .png's,mod apps,framework,etc. (provided that what you want to change is in your /system/ but I think we all can figure out how to move any app to /system/ if we want too).

Anyway I tested it out by changing the launcher button on my Helix2 and my pulldown background and it worked like a dream. Go check it out... :)

(I even took the pulldown background from an old MM that I had laying around my SD card )

Advertisement
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  2. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

this sounds tight! dont have money though.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I got it the other day when he had it free for a day. Pretty sweet makes it easy to change icons an such

4. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

I am going to assume that this app requires extensive knowledge lol.. Ive no idea what you're talking about...but what you say sounds cool =D

5. ska.t73

Here are some screens of what I've done so far...

Launcher button:
    CAP201005052220.jpg

Pull down:
    CAP2010050522201.jpg

6. s1ckGhost

OoOoooo.. nifty. I'll read up on it, so that I know what to do before I do anything with it. thanks =]

7. ska.t73

LOL no problem... you can always ask here too most of us can help or at least act like we can ;)

8. s1ckGhost

Oh I will, but im still on the hunt for decent themes to begin with. Preferably something simple like Clean Looks or this other theme that I found on a forum that I cant remember. Ive actually gotten to like NexTheme (NexBeast).. but am confused by what I read.. as in.. Themes only for 5.0.6.2...42.1.2.4.53. or w.e version it is.. and nothing for Petes roms lol. kinda sucks.

9. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I wish there was more information on it than what is currently floating around. It might be just what I've been looking for, but I don't feel like dumping $3.00 on an app I don't know about.

10. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

Delete

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

12. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Does it have themes and such right in the app itself to choose from? This has me very interested. And I love the name.

13. s1ckGhost

+1
    This was something I meant to ask but forgot to

14. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

no it doesnt have any themes or images built in you must supply them

15. ska.t73

lol... it is actually the Home icon from Opera Mini...

and to answer the theme question no it doesn't, however I had some old MM themes on my SD card and was able to pull .png files from there easily, in fact that is where I got the pull down background from...

(I changed the Helix2 launcher button to a Punisher skull last night, I'll post a SS tonight when I get home)...

16. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I tried it yesterday because I wanted to see if I could change my Audio Manager background to smoked glass and I must be pretty stupid, because I could NOT figure out how to do it. I ended up uninstalling for a refund. I think I'll wait to see if a tutorial of some kind shows up, then maybe I'll DL it again.

17. ska.t73

Did you have Audio Manager in your /system/apps directory? Anything you want to edit has to be in there. If I was any good at writing tutorials I would post one... :p

18. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Yep, I moved it to /system/app before I even started. I was able to open the apk and the res directory and the subdirectories just fine. It was changing them that I couldn't figure out. As I looked at it, it didn't appear as simple as simply changing out an icon file (which I could figure out just fine).

And by the way, if anyone has a smoked glass version of Audio Manager I would really appreciate the file -- or if anyone knows of a Metamorph theme that has one, please let me know which one it is.

19. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

How do I edit the files on here? I'm able to see the things I can change, but I don't know how to edit them. It says I need to find something I can replace the file with. Is there any way to just edit the color of something?

20. ska.t73

You need to replace them with anouther .png file. So you would need to make the change on you computer using a picture editing software like Gimp or Photoshop. The you would just need to save the .png to your SD card and use it to replace the file you want to change.

21. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Make sure you backup before start doing this. I was messing around and now my browser and gallery are gone. I got the apks from an update.zip and put them back but a nandroid would have been a lot easier

22. fox

fox Well-Known Member

do you have to move apps to the /system/app directory? otherwise i would just edit them from /data/app ?

23. ska.t73

Yes the apps have to be in /system/app to be changed... If you want to make changes to and app in /data/app then it has to be all done on a computer because you have to resign the .apk...

24. fox

fox Well-Known Member

hmm, okay, but if i move an app that needs to be signed, into system/app, do i not have to worry about resigning it?

25. ska.t73

That is my understanding yes...