Nnnoooooooo!General

Last Updated:

1. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry to point this out but the incredible seems to have the infamous HTC issue of getting dust behind the screen. This happened to me on my vogue and imagio and now i noticed it on my incredible.

I realize it

Advertisement
  2. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

I had it out at the ball field with on a windy day. The whole phone was covered in dust. But did not and still don't see anything but a beautiful screen no dust here.

3. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

I've had mega problems with the storm 1 and dust (went through three phones). In fact, I noticed dust in my storm after 2 hours in my pocket. No dust in my incredible though. Believe me...i've been inspecting this thing constantly. So far i've had it since launch and nothing.

4. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

The phone seems to be sealed off pretty good, im wondering how the dust is getting back there for most of you folks. I know that a lot of people had problems with dust and the storm series, but that was mainly because the screen wasn't sealed off because of its feedback mechanism.

5. MikiBee

MikiBee Well-Known Member

Haven't noticed any dust on mine either.

6. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

I actually called Verizon today and they told me to go into a store and get it checked out, I have 3 dust specs on the bottom left and it's really annoying they really stand out especially with the backlight on. I hope they don't say it's nothing it's just dust kinda thing, I am ready for a replacement.

7. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

Had the Storm 1 for a year, then the Storm 2 for about 6 months... no dust EVER.

Have had the DInc since launch, and no dust.

Do you pocket your phone or keep in a case? I keep mine in the rubberized case w/ holster.

8. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

I only used to pocket my flip phones and never had an issue, with this one I bought the screen protector, hard snapon case and always use the leather pouch, I had the dust since it came out of the box brand new.

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The Storm 1's screen kinda "clicked" when you tapped it, right? I could see dust getting in there with the screen moving..

I have never had dust get into any of my phones though, touch-screen or not, so idk what to tell ya. Maybe it's all in your head :p

can you take a pic so we can see what you mean? If the spots are on the visible part of the screen, they may be dead pixels, which would also be unusual since HTC is such a high-end producer of phones.

10. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

It just may have been there from the mfg process and now migrated to where you can see them. I never had a screen dust issue with any of my BB Storms but MANY people on Crackberry.com did. My buddy told me the other day he has what looks like a hair in his IPhone screen also. It seems no one handset it immune to this issue.

11. cdodge

i keep my phone in my pocket and i am sure that is where the lint/dust is coming from. I realize this is not a big deal but i am a person that suffers from OCD :)

Once the newness of the phone wears off I am sure i wont even care about it as i will use the phone instead of sit and stare at it all the time:)

12. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

No dust here (knock on wood).

13. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

No dust here. I don't even see where it could get int besides the micro sd, usb, headjack, speakerphones

14. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I was also concerned about this, the BodyGlove case provides a pretty firm seal around the edges of the phone where the bezel and the glass connect. Kinda an added protective measure. But good to hear that most people aren't experiencing any under the screen dust problems, those can be pesky.

15. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

I never dealt with any issues before on a phone, I showed the phone to a coworker and he noticed the dust right away and said it would annoy him as well. Does Verizon accept this as a reason to get a replacement though? Also would I have to pay that restocking fee?

16. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

I had a few specs of dust under the screen of my Incredible as soon as I took it out of the box. It was definitely from the manufacturing process. So I called Verizon and they immediately shipped me out a new Inc.

As a matter of fact, I just got my new one about a hour ago and no dust! I'm happy now. However, I did get the black silicone case and will be pocketing it. Do you guys advise against that?

17. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

Hey WizeGuy did you have to pay any restocking fees? When I called verizon they said for me to go into the store for this issue.

Thanks.

18. cdodge

I thought about checking on a replacement but i would feel like i was being over picky asking for a replacement for a dust issue. I tried to get a replacement imagio when my screen was not aligned correctly and they looked at me funny.

i will monitor it while i am within my 14 days to see how things go. Its not terrible now but if it gets worse i may complain :)

19. WizeGuyDezignz

No restocking fees. I just called 611, the lady apologized and sent me a new phone right away. :D

20. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I'd definately complain and EXPECT a replacement. Once I've noticed it, I won't forget it. That's all I'd see. No way I'd buy a TV with a dead pixel and no way I'd deal with dust in my screen.

21. WizeGuyDezignz

I didn't feel like I was being picky. It was noticeable on my screen with lighter backgrounds and it's a $530 phone after all, even if we didn't pay that much. I don't think I should just settle for a manufacturing defect. :D

22. cdodge

Thanks, I might call the 611 tonight and see what they say. Right now its not a huge issue as its only a few specs but i am more worried that if dust is getting in there now it will continue to get in and eventually get bad enough to make me upset and then I will be out of my exchange period.

I will let you know how things go!

23. douggsx

douggsx New Member

I have a speck of something on the very left side of the screen. It dosent bother me THAT much, but i know its there....

24. ithejdi

ithejdi Well-Known Member

I have 1 nice piece of dust under the camera lens. It's off to 1 side so it won't wreck any pictures... but I know it's there *twitch*

25. scorpionfalcon

scorpionfalcon Active Member

Just a heads up - you can remove the red lens cover. It's only stuck on by tape. Remove the dust, then pop it back in...viola.

ithejdi likes this.