No 10.1 flash for htc hero

Last Updated:

1. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member

yea I was disappointed with Adobe's decision too.. makes me doubtful about buying a Legend now that it hasnt got Flash 10.1

3. james

james Well-Known Member

Who cares? Seriously, why are people so bothered about getting flash?

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I saw this, but then I heard on the grapevine somewhere saying all US phones will get full flash. Admittedly I didn't read the article just the headline so may not be fully what it meant.

Anyone hear anything like this?

5. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

We'll see.

6. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

There was an article on Androidguys "all US phones to get 2.1 update".

Hero is not getting flash because the hardware is not up to it. From what I have read the N1 is barely up to it, full flash video will see off the battery in 3 hours.

lekky likes this.
  7. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

Two words spring to mind, rumour and speculation, lets wait and see.

If you have read the full article and the posts it says the following:

Legal Disclaimer: we received this information and we are just passing it here. We are not taking any responsibility for buying decisions of people reading this. If you are considering to buy HTC HD2, please do not base your decision based on this story!

The internet is a beautiful thing, but I've been round long enough not to believe a single word I've read on a forum. No offence to the good people round here :) If full Flash doesn't turn up on The Hero but does on say The Legend, I'll probably buy a Legend when the price drops a little, I'm more than happy with my Hero as it stands.

Random thoughts
    Al

8. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we will get some other variant of Flash more functional than what we have though, even if it's not the full 10.1 update or whatever.

9. alinver

Even if it's not an official update I'm sure there are some very clever people out there who could make a custom ROM for The Hero with full Flash.

Like the almost legendary 2.1 update it's just another waiting game, it's all good fun though, I didn't have this excitement with my Sony Ericsson! Mind you that did have a better camera than my Hero.

Al

10. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I'm with james on this one. Flash doesn't really matter to me one way or another and it isn't a showstopper if the Hero doesn't get the full version.

11. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

What rankles isn't so much that the phone isn't getting flash, it's more that Adobe have conducted a massive u-turn on a position which HTC lapped up for marketing purposes, and there isn't a sniff of an apology out of either company. Surely what they have done in the past is tantamount to false advertising?

12. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Oh, I hadn't heard about that. I now understand why so many people are annoyed about it. My apologies for trivialising it in my post. I guess if I'd bought the Hero with a promise of flash later, I'd be pretty upset too.

13. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest

So, that means we shouldnt believe what you have typed? :p

14. alinver

Damm hoisted on my own petard! :D

Al

15. andy d

Its been said that the guy works for Adobe.
    To be honest its causing more of a uproar with the HD2 forums than it is with the Android.

16. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Thats the one, got my wires twisted cheers :p

17. alinver

Surely someone would have known from the very beginning that The Heros hardware wasn't up to the job?

I understand what you're saying andy d, it all depends who he is and what he does at Adobe.
    Al

18. andy d

Well if he has got it wrong he will be looking for a new job come Monday. :)

19. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You're assuming that the hardware requirements haven't changed in the interim. As anyone familiar with Adobe's software will tell you, they're not renowned for writing lean and efficient code. :(

20. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

some guy wrote

also why doesn't the poster of the information have a 'STAFF' or 'MODERATOR' icon next to his / her name.... and even

Thus we can't take his/hers posting seriously. I could go on there and post an announcement too if I wanted lol..and even if the website does not have 'staff' icons we can't take his word for it even if he does in fact work for adobe as there's no proof of the claim..

just chill and wait...

21. andy d

I would have thought that if the comment had no foundation then Adobe would have jumped on it as it has caused a bit of a stir on the HD2 Forums.

22. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the hero was ARM11v6 and flash was coming to v7 upwards.

The above link to ARM is very confusing.

23. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

But compare and contrast his adobe forum entry with one of the list from the right hand side of the forum screen marked as employee. Note that the latter is marked as an employee just below their avatar whereas the poster of the news isn't at all. The latter entry is just one of the "employee" ones pulled at random from that list on the right so it seems by no means unique. So either this chap isn't an employee or Adobe have forgotten to mark him as an employee which seems a tad unprofessional really. But then again as someone has said, I would have thought that Adobe would be all over their own forums like a rash if he wasn't - its not like they wouldn't have noticed with news stories appearing on pretty much every Android blog/site.

All a bit of a sorry story of absolutely dire communications really.

24. MisterBiggs

MisterBiggs New Member

forget flash, how can I delete SMS messages without my Hero crashing!

25. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

I am not sure why people are getting worked up over this. If I do not get Flash 10.1, I will not have been expecting it anyway.

I bought my phone to do what the box said it did. And it does it all quite well, actually. My previous phone (Samsung) and the ones before (Nokia, Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson) did not have Flash 10.1 either. I somehow managed to muddle through regardless.