No 1x Data; Only CDMA-voice and 4G data! (?!)Support

Last Updated:

1. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Ok, I have a wonderful question for the technologically curious amongst us.
    I have noticed, since the last few days (maybe a week or two), that I can only get data on the 4G network.
    I initially thought it was a PRL version issue, but I have tested this with 3 different PRLs (3019, 3020 and 3024) and have the same behavior. So I'm starting to think it might be my phone :(
    But here's the thing: While I can use CDMA-voice, since I can still call and receive phone calls, I am reluctant to believe my CDMA radio is fried.
    However, no matter what I do, I cannot get that little 1x or the 3G icon to pop up on my phone!
    If I use CDMA-only mode in LTEETL, then I can call+text people, but I have NO data connection.
    If my selected Nw is GLOBAL, then I can only access data if I am on 4g. If I turn of 4g using the LTE functionality test, than my data goes away until I turn 4g back on (!?).

This is leading me to believe that CDMA-voice and CDMA-data are two different radios (or radio parts?).
    While this would mean there is good news for some (possiblity of having voice and data at the same time, while on CDMA) via software changes, it would just confirm, in my case, that my phone's CDMA radio is now defective. :(
    Otherwise, it would mean my theory is wrong about why I cannot get CDMA-provided data connection on my phone. But then, what would explain the behavior I am seeing?

Well, with this, I turn to you, for enlightenment.

Advertisement
  2. metroinphilly

metroinphilly Well-Known Member

Welcome to my world lol
  3. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

:( You're scaring me now... [​IMG]
  4. TattooedDroid

TattooedDroid Well-Known Member

Same thing here...
  5. metroinphilly

Well im glad not to be the only one with this problem now
  6. jsummer

jsummer Well-Known Member

Dude... I have tha same prob... Bt with my 4g.. Nd I called metro nd they had me trying a couple of things on my fone.. Bt still no fix. Bt I did notice that the 4g works outside of tha city.. so atleast i noe its not fried. Oh nd 1x nd 3g workz fine.
  7. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the exact opposite for me...
    My 4G works fine. It's 3G/1x that I have a problem getting on my phone.
  8. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Well-Known Member

I think CDMA data and voice are seperate. I have seen that if i turn off the LTE my phone will display the 1x icon. Once i place a call the 1x icon disappears and all i see are the signal bars.
  9. jsummer

Well it might be tha opposite bt its still sort of tha same prob.. In a way tho. Is there any way to fiix diz weird problem.. bcuz tried jst about everythin.. (reboot, factory rest, change prl, odin restore, and tha ##626* along with tha steps tha metro ppl told me) tha metro ppl even gave up nd told me to call back in 5 buisness dayz... Any fiix for diz tho.. Or ideas..
  10. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

i got 3g when i turn off 4g dont be alarmed might just be recpetion or somthing
  11. metroinphilly

When I went to the corporate store they told me the same thing and just come back in 5 days after they did a hard reset on my phone. I just dont think there is a solution for this problem.
  12. jsummer

I think your right metroinphilly... I also did that and there is still no fix..
  13. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Disable LTE, enable Airplane Mode, disable Airplane Mode. Do you now have 1x/3G?
  14. metroinphilly

Didnt work for me
  15. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Already tried that, redhook. No change.
  16. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member Developer

I wouldn't be shocked if GhettoPCS is down (again) in your area. They don't seem to be very stable. Have you already tried the usual troubleshooting steps?
  17. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Tried all I can think of, and my Gf's phone works fine on 1x data.
    She has the 3019 prl, which I tried going back to as you can tell from my first post.
    I tried airplane mode, reboot, battery pull, lteetl...
    the only thing I can think of not trying now that I think about it would be the HDR/1x hidden menu shortcut, but I fail to see how that would help me in any way, shape or form. :(
  18. Williamw545

Williamw545 Well-Known Member

I leave my phone on 3g all day and listen to the radio, text, check my e-mail, or surf the web no prob with data issues for me. That was with the 3020prl and the 3024. And I get calls and call out.
  19. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

I get calls. Just no data at all outside of 4g.
  20. misslaydee510

misslaydee510 Member

wow i just paid 70$ phone bill and im havn same issue. no data. web.apps. nothin. not even 4g icon. trouble shooted. then theyll get bak to me in 5 days, if i inquire... & lte: unknown . i reprogrammed over n over formated card reset phone factory... omfg. f getro
  21. misslaydee510

misslaydee510 Member

wow.. all that troubleshooting and googling.

**and doing that 'airplane' enable/disable thing WORKED!**

i got a 4g/3g icon and online again.. lets see how long it lasts..