• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No 2.1 update till at least March

From a Sprint employee on Sprint forums...

"Doesn't mean that it is necessary to address each and every ask concerning the updates or the timeframes but in this case, I can say that 2.1 for the Moment will not be released in mid-February. I apologise for the confusion but I think we've posted 1H2010 as the goal and as we get closer, perhaps I can provide more precise information. I appreciate your patience, I can assure you we are working diligently"

"Sorry I should have said Hero, too as well as the Moment. Neither is ready for mid-February, just wanting to help with this particular question. Working diligently on both the Moment and the Hero software and will get them both out as quickly as possible, still targeting 1H2010."

Haha, yeah it is, but I don't get anywhere near that anymore thanks to gem miner and papi missle... of course that's more of a personal problem than anything >.<

Haha, that'll do it.

With Gumbo's kernel, Fresh 1.1, and SetCPU, I was only down to about 50% after 18 hours yesterday, and that included a couple hours of playing games, as well as being in a low service area for all but about an hour of that time. I think I can live with that considering I charge it every night anyway. Hopefully there'll be power in the ice shack I'm staying in for the next two nights, or I'm going to be lost without the games on my phone when the fish aren't biting :p

Upvote 0
Red&Black, Tatonka... lolz...

Mbell... why the new thread? Too lazy to look at the 1,000 other threads regarding the update issue? The NON-ISSUE... ? Just wondering!?!? Because every time a new one of these is opened, I can swear there's a $20 bounty or something being offered by Apple to it's loyalist's... It just doesn't make any sense, none at all.

Let us know when the 1st half of 2010 commitment will NOT be met, then that will be something to talk about. Until then, just grab your socks and exhibit some patience!

:)

:cool:

Upvote 0
Couple of things, A, yeah, they said 1st half, not sure why anyone thought that meant mid-february.

Second, the supersonic is also made by HTC right? So it's got Sense as well, and it's running 2.1. See where I'm going with this? I really doubt the supersonic will be released before the 2.1 Hero update, since it's essentially the same Sense OS that HTC is working on.

Third, how the hell do you guys have such a long battery life? I get about 6 hours of use out of my Hero. Running Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo kernal. Sure, it's fast as hell, but my battery life is in the toilet. Maybe my battery is shot? I go to about half power in 3 hours with heavy use, no calls, just internet without games. Bluetooth and Wifi are both turned off with auto-lit screen.

Upvote 0
Third, how the hell do you guys have such a long battery life? I get about 6 hours of use out of my Hero. Running Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo kernal. Sure, it's fast as hell, but my battery life is in the toilet. Maybe my battery is shot? I go to about half power in 3 hours with heavy use, no calls, just internet without games. Bluetooth and Wifi are both turned off with auto-lit screen.

you running SetCPU? if so, are you in performance mode? or ondemand mode? if you're not running it... well... there ya go

Upvote 0
I really don't care when the update comes out right now, with Fresh 1.1 and the Gumbo kernel my phone is flying.

+1

And seriously can someone just start wiping these threads out as soon as they're posted!? I'm so tired of scrolling through a million "when's 2.1 coming" "2.1 not coming" "i think 2.1 will be here..." it's getting real old real fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones