No 2.1 update till at least March

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

From a Sprint employee on Sprint forums...

"Doesn't mean that it is necessary to address each and every ask concerning the updates or the timeframes but in this case, I can say that 2.1 for the Moment will not be released in mid-February. I apologise for the confusion but I think we've posted 1H2010 as the goal and as we get closer, perhaps I can provide more precise information. I appreciate your patience, I can assure you we are working diligently"

"Sorry I should have said Hero, too as well as the Moment. Neither is ready for mid-February, just wanting to help with this particular question. Working diligently on both the Moment and the Hero software and will get them both out as quickly as possible, still targeting 1H2010."

Advertisement
  2. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

And i shoould believe you......cause? You claim to be a Sprint emplyee man stop posting this garbage

3. mbell75

You need to learn to read there genius, I said this was from a sprint employee. Hes a recognized employee on Sprint's official forum.

4. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

It's ok. So long as they are taking thier time in developing it and it works when it comes out. I was just thinking that this is my first phone I truely like and am in no hurry to get an update unlike my storm when we waited for updates everyday.

5. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

My bad for freakin out on you but that employee I still don't trust him and why should I

6. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

devs will probably have one before sprint they do now just not everything is working last i tried it...

7. Tolfince

Tolfince Member

screw the update....Bring on the SUPERSONIC!!!!

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member

9. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I really don't care when the update comes out right now, with Fresh 1.1 and the Gumbo kernel my phone is flying.

10. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

^I would agree with this except that I'm sick to death of broken bluetooth. I can't get any 2.1 headsets to work with the phone and its getting old, but I guess I'll live =P

And battery life could be better >.>

11. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

18+ hours of battery life with moderate to heavy use isn't enough for you?

12. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah it is, but I don't get anywhere near that anymore thanks to gem miner and papi missle... of course that's more of a personal problem than anything >.<

13. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Haha, that'll do it.

With Gumbo's kernel, Fresh 1.1, and SetCPU, I was only down to about 50% after 18 hours yesterday, and that included a couple hours of playing games, as well as being in a low service area for all but about an hour of that time. I think I can live with that considering I charge it every night anyway. Hopefully there'll be power in the ice shack I'm staying in for the next two nights, or I'm going to be lost without the games on my phone when the fish aren't biting :p

14. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Red&Black, Tatonka... lolz...

Mbell... why the new thread? Too lazy to look at the 1,000 other threads regarding the update issue? The NON-ISSUE... ? Just wondering!?!? Because every time a new one of these is opened, I can swear there's a $20 bounty or something being offered by Apple to it's loyalist's... It just doesn't make any sense, none at all.

Let us know when the 1st half of 2010 commitment will NOT be met, then that will be something to talk about. Until then, just grab your socks and exhibit some patience!

:)

:cool:

15. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

My phone has been off the charger since midnight (only because I didn't plug it in all the way before I went to bed) and it's now down to 62% with about a half hour of browsing and pretty much nothing else. That's not horrible, but I would like it to be a little better.

16. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I have already gotten the Sprint 2.1 Android update. You mean you all are still waiting on yours?

17. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I'm gonna call BS on that!

18. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

Yeah, me and you must know the same sprint rep. Did he charge you?

19. mbell75

My phone is already plenty fast as is, I dont care about that. I want access to the new apps, Google Goggles, Google Nav and updated maps etc...

20. momoceio

Ok, then wait for the update. You're saying no update until March...HTC/Sprint said 1H of 2010. So, what's the point of this thread?

21. Sirchuk

Sirchuk Active Member

Couple of things, A, yeah, they said 1st half, not sure why anyone thought that meant mid-february.

Second, the supersonic is also made by HTC right? So it's got Sense as well, and it's running 2.1. See where I'm going with this? I really doubt the supersonic will be released before the 2.1 Hero update, since it's essentially the same Sense OS that HTC is working on.

Third, how the hell do you guys have such a long battery life? I get about 6 hours of use out of my Hero. Running Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo kernal. Sure, it's fast as hell, but my battery life is in the toilet. Maybe my battery is shot? I go to about half power in 3 hours with heavy use, no calls, just internet without games. Bluetooth and Wifi are both turned off with auto-lit screen.

22. momoceio

Use Spare Parts to see what app is keeping your phone awake...

23. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

you running SetCPU? if so, are you in performance mode? or ondemand mode? if you're not running it... well... there ya go

24. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

+1

And seriously can someone just start wiping these threads out as soon as they're posted!? I'm so tired of scrolling through a million "when's 2.1 coming" "2.1 not coming" "i think 2.1 will be here..." it's getting real old real fast.

25. Sirchuk

Sirchuk Active Member

Is it same setcpu on tje market for a buck? Does It make that large of a difference in battery life?