1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

No 2.2 Froyo for Telus Milestone usersGeneral

1. DarkSky

DarkSky Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Breeze23

Breeze23 New Member

If you got your Milestone from Telus then it is the A853. If you got it from the US, it's the A854 and it's the CDMA version. If you got it from WIND Mobile then it is the XT720 and is only a Milestone in name as it looks nothing like the previous versions. Hope that clears everything up for you....
  3. DarkSky

PHEW!!! So I lucked out (for ONCE in my life) and got the one that they 'say' they're going to upgrade to 2.2. Of course, according to rumors, they've apparently been saying this since last summer.

Thanks!
  4. BTMoonlight

BTMoonlight Active Member

OMG! YOU SCARED ME! When I saw that milestone was not getting an update in the thread, I actually swore out lol
  5. DarkSky

I still won't believe we're (Telus users) are getting it until it actually happens. They've been pushing it back since last fall. They'll probably just push it back a few more times before they finally cancel it altogether. :(
  6. crocodoyle

crocodoyle Member

I had a Motorola Charm on Telus (ok if you stay away from Facebook on Motoblur) before I got my day-old Milestone. There was a firmware update to address an incredibly annoying battery problem (less than 6 hours sometimes), but it had a wicked keyboard.

Motorola took a while to put out the update though. Hopefully they'll stick to their roadmap for Froyo and and we'll get it soon!
  7. Celtyc

Celtyc Active Member

Well after last weeks Telus messaging outage got to me I called tech support and the guy I spoke to said we are getting it but doesn't know when as he is blaming Motorola for the delay, sounds like BS to me.
  8. Jabrnet

Jabrnet Member

I'm about to loose my S%!t with my milestone. This is ridiculous having to wait over a year to get flash which was a selling feature on the phone from day 1 with Telus. Telus and Moto should step up to the plate and make this right somehow... Like that will ever happen... So now we are in the last month of Q1 2011 and what is the latest news? A whole lot of nothing. I will not be buying another Moto phone purely because of my experiences with this one.
  9. lopmaj

lopmaj Member

There are several Milestone's that appear to be exactly the same, but it seems the difference with the Telus Milestone is that like the others it has [FONT=&quot]GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800 and GSM 1900[/FONT], but also has the 850 UMTS (3g) which is useful if you want to use it in Brazil, Costa Rica and other countries that use only that particular band. The Milestone sold in the US, Asia and Europe generally only has the 900 and 2100 and sometimes the 1900.
  10. Kaevman

Kaevman New Member

I just talked to a Telus rep and they said a major upgrade for milestone is scheduled for March 18.

Finally...

(I learned to live without flash so my excitement about 2.2 is way down... waited too long)
  11. LifeInAnalog

LifeInAnalog Well-Known Member

... all digits crossed, but I'll believe it when it comes
  12. nancy28

nancy28 New Member

I just talked to a rep today that tried to tell me the Milestone "wasnt powerful enough to handle Froyo" so we wont be getting it. Aaarrgghh! I give up. I actually found myself wishing I had bought an iphone instead. So disappointed.
  13. LifeInAnalog

... reps saying we definitely ARE getting it, reps saying we definitely are NOT getting it. Is it any wonder that Milestone users have a higher insanity rate per capita than other phone brand users. Its a fact folks, a rep just told me ;)
  14. Kaevman

Kaevman New Member

Ok, now i'm finally pissed... Come or not, I will ditch this phone. I hear Nexus S is coming to Telus soon.

Do you guys think it's worth getting this phone or perhaps wait for later in the year for Tegra 2 phones?

My heart is set on Nexus S atm. When the milestone update finally comes, i'll sell the milestone to someone who hasn't endured 9 months of false promises.

Any thoughts?
  15. monsterduc1000

monsterduc1000 Well-Known Member

Good call on switching phones, I will be doing that myself. But I am going to wait for the top notch dual core phones, not some POS moto crap that will be hindered to the nth degree and get its updates a year behind everyone else. I feel sorry for the people who bought into the hype of the atrix as I have felt their pain with this previous "flagship" android device.

What a joke moto has become. They get new life breathed into them with droid and F*** it all up with every other device they put out after.
  16. DarkSky

The Nexus S is apparently laden with bugs according to an Engadget review.

If there's no 2.2 for Milestone I'll probably upgrade to something else soon, and switch from Telus to Rogers if Rogers will throw in free callerID. (I still can't BELIEVE carriers charge for it when it's already sent to your phone during the call initiation sequence and the carrier just BLOCKS you from being able to see it).

UPDATE: ANDROID 2.2 *NOT* CANCELED FOR MILESTONE ON TELUS

I just got off the phone with Telus, she had me on hold for about 5 mins while she checked with the help desk and said there was nothing available to her that showed it had been canceled, although she couldn't give a specific release date as that info wasn't available.

So keep holding your breath, and watch your face change through exotic shades of blue and purple...
  17. DarkSky

The Nexus S is apparently laden with bugs according to an Engadget review.

If there's no 2.2 for Milestone I'll probably upgrade to something else soon, and switch from Telus to Rogers if Rogers will throw in free callerID. (I still can't BELIEVE carriers charge for it when it's already sent to your phone during the call initiation sequence and the carrier just BLOCKS you from being able to see it).

I just got off the phone with Telus, she had me on hold for about 5 mins while she checked with the help desk and said there was nothing available to her that showed it had been canceled, although she couldn't give a specific release date as that info wasn't available.

So keep holding your breath, and watch your face change through exotic shades of blue and purple...
  18. DarkSky

The Nexus S is apparently laden with bugs according to an Engadget review. Maybe they're fixed by now.

19. DJKINGMTL

DJKINGMTL New Member

The upgrade was there at Motorola web site for Telus Motorola Milestone and it works great!
  20. DarkSky

Doesn't work! I've tried about 4x. It installs software on your PC, you plug in the phone, run the software on the PC, it checks your phone.. and mine, it says my phone is up to date! ( ?!!?) I'm running Android 2.1 Update 1.
  21. LifeInAnalog

...the only thing I can think of, and its silly, but did you un-root first? (IF you're rooted of course)