No 3G after being on wifi overnight

Last Updated:

1. drtracer01

drtracer01 New Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to be the only one having this particular issue with the Captivate. With a new sim card i have 3G, take it home and put it on wifi overnight, and the next day i cannot get 3G. have done reboot, soft reset, master reset, toggle flight mode off/on. The only thing that gets 3G back is another sim card. I have gone through 2 phones and 4 sim cards with this. Samsung support is scratching their heads, any ideas from the android community?

Advertisement
  2. gflare

gflare Well-Known Member

I would say that you might need to goto an AT&T store and have them check the sim card, and also ensure that the phone has been added to the AT&T account properly.

3. Daleon

Daleon Member

Have you left the wifi off over night and still had 3G in the morning?

4. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

That happened to me too on my current captivate but it mysteriously turned itself back on after 6 hours.

My first captivate, had no signal whatsoever - 3G or otherwise - I had to take it back the first day I got it for an exchange. The AT&T store guy thought maybe the internal antenna wasn't connected right at the factory. Maybe your internal connector came loose? I would just exchange it.

5. drtracer01

drtracer01 New Member This Topic's Starter

i'm on my 2nd captivate already, AT&T supposively verified my account settings are correct. the default wifi sleep options are to sleep when the screen goes blank, so wifi should have been going off over night, but i have not physically turned it off, but i should not have to

6. jbk317

jbk317 Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue. When I use wifi for an extended period of time and then go off it, the 3g logo disapears but comes back if I restart the phone.
    Sometimes the same thing happens with the reception bars. In an area in which I know I have reception it will display the blue circle with the slash and when I restart the phone the signal comes back.