No 3G after factory reset

Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

I know there was a bulletin on not to do it if you had 2.1, but I was rooted using SS4.6. I had switched ROMs, between about three of them the past week, and didn't do a full wipe, just to be safe. But the phone was starting to get real slow, regardless of the ROM, so I just did a factory reset using Clockwork Recovery and now I don't seem to be getting 3G anymore. I can still get data, just at 1X. It'll say "3G" when idle, but once I'm browsing, it bumps down to 1X again.

This couldn't possibly be what was suggested not to do for 2.1 owners, was it? Despite being on 2.2?

Advertisement
  2. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

Sounds like the same phenom. Post your exact moves so the rest of the community is aware of what's going on, or maybe we can find a hiccup in your moveset (no offense). Hope you have insurance on the phone, flash back to stock and "break" it. ;]

3. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

Happened to me last week. I just used RSD Lite and flashed a 2.1 Stock SBF File. It fixed it. Then I just went back to my ROM of choice. I couldn't explain it, but no matter what I did it would not pick 3g back up. I did like 3 factory resets thinking maybe something in that process just glitched, but it didn't work. RSD Lite has become a fix all for me I guess.

4. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

Eh, it started working again. I switched locations from Atlanta to Chicago yesterday, so after a *228 it fixed everything. I'm all good now.

5. ShuttleXpC

ShuttleXpC Well-Known Member

That's what I try to do every time I leave the state or something, I just dial a quick *22899 and let it do its thing automatically.