No 3G data after rooting

Last Updated:

1. themandan

themandan Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted yesterday to a stock rooted 2.2. I couldn't set up my e-mail or facebook until I turned on the 4G connection. I figured it was just overloaded due to all the syncing going on at once.

Today I flashed to Fresh 3.1.0.2 and downloaded all my apps at home with the 4G connection. After I left the house I realized that when I don't have the 4G connection, I have no data.

I cannot connect to AppBrain, GMail, Google Maps, Google Navigation, Internet, Dolphin Browser. I do have connection to Facebook though which I think is weird.

Any suggestions? The site seems to be running slow. I searched for a while and came across this issue with some different phones but no Evo stuff. I'm new to all of this.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Check under settings/wireless&network make sure mobile data checked or u can also try wiping ur dalvik-cache and cache. I've never run into this problem so I'm just giving u some options here.ultimately I will say wipe everything and reflash the ROM. Hope u get it up and running. God luck.

3. themandan

Thanks. I found this link over at xda and am tracking that. I think it may be a larger issue. I am wiping the caches now but will wait a day or 2 before wiping and flashing again. I just got setup the way I like it.

Market/Gmail issues? - xda-developers

4. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

obvious question but... profile update?

5. themandan

Tried it. No profile update available. The more I mess with it, the more I realize it's just google. I can't go to google.com but I can go to yahoo.com and other websites like this one. Marked won't work that well and I'm guessing it is tied into google as well.

6. tardmobile

I said profile update not PRL update. It will always update your profile.

7. themandan

When I select profile update it says "No profile update available"

When I update PRL it says "No PRL update available"

ETA: If you look over at the link to XDA that I have provided. It seems that this is a wide problem. Not just with my phone/profile/PRL/ROM/anything else

8. tardmobile

Call Sprint. I've never seen a profile update say there's nothing to update and I've run it four times in a row just to see what happens when I was having 4G issues in Salt Lake.

9. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

+1

10. themandan

The issue resolved itself. It was an issue in the midwest with Google. Please check the link above if you'd like to read more.