No 3g data after villian10 and radio update

Last Updated:

1. captaincool

captaincool Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I updated to villain 10 which I love, but I also updated the radio. Now I have no 3G icon, the signal bars are there but no data icon after turning off the wifi. Is this villian rom or the radio update? Any ideas how to fix this??

Advertisement
  2. captaincool

I swapped back to the -63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio and I still have no 3g data icon. I rewiped and reflashed villian 10 and still no 3g data coming through. This is very frustrating as I love this rom!!!

3. captaincool

update: I restored to vanillain 1.1 and everything is fine, downloaded villain 10 again and tried it, same thing, no data on 3g. *sigh*

4. rudders64

rudders64 Member

You need to tell it what the APN should be. Search the net for your service providers APN setting details, then go to settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks/Access Point Names and press menu to add the APN details that you found. You may need to reboot after you have saved the details. 3G should then be restored.
    I think the ROM has a large range of APNs inbuilt but if you are from Aus like me they need to be set manually.
    Good luck.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I don't think the APN list with Villain 10 is very comprehensive actually, a lot of people seem to be having troubles.

6. captaincool

Yup added the telus apn and BAM I have a big H now!