No 3G in sight, but getting G1's anyway

Last Updated:

1. Gardenwife

Gardenwife Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, what a great forum! My husband and I are in central Ohio, no G3 network in sight*, but we're still upgrading to G1's from our T-Mo Dashes. Our phones should arrive on Monday. Woot!

We are so excited about Android being open source. How awesome that anyone can develop apps for this platform!

As for me, like my name implies, I love gardening. I also love photography, art, papercrafting, crapbooking, reading and music. Though my interests change with the seasons (as in, it's hard to garden in the dead of winter), my geeky love of computers and the Internet are constant.

:cool: Kimberley

* Okay, actually, that's a lie. Xondria on the Android Community Central Ohio group reports there is a 3G signal for a stretch on I-70:
    Think it's a testing site? T-Mo's coverage map doesn't show anything 3G in our area.

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Welcome :)

My first (spring) garden was this year. If ya wanna see :D

phases.shutterfly.com

Although, i those pics are a few months old so it was by far better than that by the time it finally (and sadly :() died last week.

Brought in 8 hot pepper plants though, and still have some other fall stuff going.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

3. Gardenwife

Your garden looked great this year, much better than my veggies fared, actually. The veggie bed was the best maintained, but we just don't get enough sun for much do do very well. Thank goodness our flower beds are established and can put up a good fight against the weeds. They looked great.

Good show, man, and thanks for the welcome!

4. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

5. Gardenwife

Thanks, man! Cool avatar! I posted on Lukster's thread at Android Community, asking for one with the Android in a field of big flowers. :eek:

Hubs just called 611 and learned our phones will ship out of Georgia today. We'll be able to track them starting tomorrow, and they should arrive Monday. Hooooooeeee!

Ya know, I'm glad more women are geeks now, because I used to get strange looks when I'd get all happy over technology.