no 3g on orange....

Last Updated:

1. Stewie

Stewie New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I got an unlocked hero the other day and shoved in my contract orange SIM.
    Everythings great, but i cant seem to get 3G on it. i called Orange to ask if i had a 2G SIM and they said it was unlikely. He got me to automatically look for providers the settings menu in and click on orange when it showed up. the icon went from H to 3G to just plain G again in about 5 seconds. i live in Central London and have been to quite a few places locally in the past day or so but no joy... Im very confused. i can receive data but not fast, which is why i wanted the phone!!

any ideas??
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

It all seems to depend on where you are and how good your signal is. I am constantly hoping between 3G, G, E and H :(

3. Stewie

Stewie New Member This Topic's Starter

maybe- but Ive never seen anything other than a G apart from when i do the search for provider thing... and as i said in in the middle of a major city with coverage all over.... any other ideas??

4. ukherouser

ukherouser Member

I upgraded to a HTC Hero (Pay Monthly Orange) last month through CarPhone Warehouse and the salesperson specifically gave me a 3G sim card to use.

I know you've already checked but is it worth double checking that you have a 3G sim?

I'm in Herts and can get 3G about 40% of the time.