no 3gGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ssn

ssn Member This Topic's Starter

My xperia works fine with wifi in office and other places. But I am facing issues with 3g. Though 3g is activated by my network operator, my mobile is not detecting it.

I have the following settings:
    MMS and data- checked
    data roaming- checked
    network mode- gsm.wcdma preferred
    network operators
    access point numbers- None (I dont know what it is)
    Auto internet settings- function unavailable (it says it is not available with this sim card)

When called the network operator, he gave me 2 names of 3g network which I don't see in any of the menus. I have full signal and so I am sure that the case where there is no 3g network coverage here should be ruled out.

Please help!!!

SSN

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello there and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to its own thread rather than tagging it to the end of a very old one. I hope the guys here can give you some ideas to help you out.

3. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

I would see if you can get a new sim, did it come with the phone or from an old one? If you can get Auto internet settings it will probably come up with the right network.

ssn likes this.
  4. ssn

Oh.. It is my old sim (previously used with old mobile). I called up my network operator to cross-check if the 3g service was activated- and he said that it is activated already. I have good network coverage at the place too (full signal). I wonder what went wrong!

5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Sounds like you haven't installed the settings, which the operator should have been able to send to you or you can find and enter them manually by searching for them.

6. werthers

They can send it in a text message so ring them up and ask them to, my operator did so yours should be able to

7. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

You need to select ATT after Sony Ericsson. For the APN to show up go to-> settings--> Wireless & networks-->Mobile Networks--> Network Operators--> and then let it search automatically. ATT should show up, then you select that, then it should find the 2 APNs. One for wireless and one for Messaging. Once the 2 APNs will show up change one of them to say:

Name: ATT
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    Username:blank
    Password:blank
    Server: blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: blank

I think I also have clicked the Sony Ericsson under Settings--> Sony Ericsson--> Settings download and let it scan for settings. ( I do have wifi here at home so I enabled that first and connected to my wireless so that may have helped too.)

8. ssn

Thanks! Let me contact the service provider and ask for the settings...

9. ssn

Working fine now! Thank you very much to all who replied...

10. werthers

Just out of interest how did you get it working again? Incase mine messes up again I don't want to reflash

11. ssn

According to my service provider, usually 3g works rightaway once it is activated (not sure abt the technical aspect of it) but in case of android mobiles, most of the times we are required to manually enter the settings. Without knowing this, I was wondering how my 3g was not working. I took my phone to my service provider and he gave me the settings (APN) and it worked :)