no 3gSupport

Last Updated:

1. zoolife

zoolife Member

the epic touch was flashed to boost, i had 3g then. wife has the same phone and never had 3g. lately no 3g at all on both of them.was up town several time have full signal(all bars) still no 3g. have changed modems a few times still no 3g. ready to just say the heck with it and try another service. anyone got any thoughts on this. thanks

Advertisement
  2. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Are u on a custom ROM? If so which one?

Dont worry their is a cause to every effect. We'll figure it out
    zoolife likes this.
  3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Well-Known Member

Last night the sprint network was out like twice maybe its affected in your area too? Im the valley of caili so unless thats thr case then simply ignore this
    zoolife likes this.
  4. zoolife

zoolife Member

yes using tbsgs3_v4.0_ga10. but i have tried a few others
  5. SelfElevated2

Ok .. You need a the ga 10 modem on that... Go into settings and about phone and see which modem u have. Its at the end of baseband version

This is a start
    zoolife likes this.
  6. SelfElevated2

Like mine is fl24

Attached Files:

zoolife likes this.
  7. zoolife

zoolife Member

have tried the ga10 modem and fk23 neither one does any good.
  8. SelfElevated2

Open settings and make sure u have DATa on... I know its stupid but I've seen people make a thread and that be the problem b4...

If thats on click more and see what kind of data you gave it permission to use. Make sure CDMA is checked. Can't remember if thats in ga10 settings but also look around under more for anything that looks questionable

If that's good... Did u ever push ##data# in the dialer and change anything to try to get faster internet? Have u been in the ##data# hidden menu at all with your Msl number?

We are troubleshooting. Just check for the answers to the questions then report back
    zoolife likes this.
  9. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

If your data settings are corrupt you can do a SCRTN reset and have the phone re-setup its connections ##72786# will cause the phone to do its hands free activation process. This can correct issues with data not working.
    zoolife and SelfElevated2 like this.
  10. SelfElevated2

Good idea. I didn't think about that. Didn't remember the ## code anyway
    zoolife likes this.
  11. Codegerm

I keep that ## code written down. I had my data go flunky a while back and after navigating Boost's automated system I got it, and decided that it is something I should keep handy. :D
    zoolife and SelfElevated2 like this.
  12. SelfElevated2

Yea a boost rep had me use it after I changed all kinds of proxies in the hidden menu testing what will make data faster. Lol then lost all data
    zoolife likes this.
  13. zoolife

zoolife Member

tried that and now nothing, says phone has not been activated and my phone number is changed.
  14. SelfElevated2

Flash the boost stock ROM.. U won't lose root.
  15. SelfElevated2

It's in post 9
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=686890

[Root One Stop Shop]Roms, Kernels ect..

Pick the rooted one

That's a zip. You do have the ga 10 repack recovery right?

If not let me known and I'll get u one that can go in Odin or mobile Odin

If this doesn't work than it might have taken away your boost flash from Sprint which I know nothing about and you should do that again:(
  16. Codegerm

That sounds like account problems are you on a phone flashed over to BOOST?
  17. SelfElevated2

Yeah he said it in the first post.. Not sure how the flashing carriers works but u probably need to redo it.