No 4g in my subdivision, who to complain to?

Last Updated:

1. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to get an EVO but it appears from Sprints coverage map that my subdivision is an island of 3G in a sea of 4g coverage.
    I woul love for them to put up a 4g tower to add 4g coverage in my immediate area. Who can I call or email to complain?

Advertisement
  2. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

good luck. im .25 miles in either direction outside of 4g coverage. ive called everyone i can, wrote emails, talked to customer service 800, talked to sprint reps at the store...nothing has helped. but its ok, im over it. i stick it to sprint every time i use wireless tethering for free!

3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

I doubt they will come and put a tower in your backyard for free haha
    But, do you have wifi? If you do, then use that at home.. its better on battery anywhoo.
    And when youre out you have 4g!
    If you dont have wifi...then you should get it.

Im in the same situation as you. My entire neighborhood is a dead zone, i get maybe one bar and have to make phone calls with bluetooth and the phone on the windowsill. But juuuuust outside my neighborhood is 4g all over. I have wifi so its ok.

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm on the same boat (or should I say island?). 5 minutes drive to any directions would give me 4G. Too bad I don't have 4G at home. Luckily I have wifi at home and don't need 4G... :)

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Yeah, not seeing a big deal if you don't have 4G at home. Wifi is where it's at.

6. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member

I'm surrounded by three 4G towers, yet get horrible signal strength. I might see a sudden burst of fast speed, but several times a day, I have ZERO signal. No 3G, 2G ... nothing.
    I live dead center in the middle of the towers. The closest is around 2,000 ft from my door.
    I too have complained to Sprint several times, with no follow ups on any of the trouble tickets that they created. I've been hung up on three times ( when they 'transfer' the call
    Rant rant rant.

Ok .... so yah ... there isn't anyone to complain to.

Hope it works out for you.

7. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

I called to complain about my 2G/3G service or whatever about 2 weeks ago, (the no signal whatsoever in my house issue) and got credited almost 110 bucks to my account. It was sweet having a negative balance for a little while. I was supposed to buy an airave, but its not thaaaat important to me so I just deal with it. I was expecting them to send me one, but got the credit instead. :D