• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi all, I wondered if anybody may be able to help. I lost my original S5 which I got from Tesco Mobile but it always had 4G unless the signal was weak in some areas, now I have a new S5 with a new 4G sim which I had to get unblocked and it is the same number and all I am getting now is H or H+ even though I am always in the same areas where I was previously getting 4G. Has anybody had the same problem or does anybody know what the problem may be?

I will add that Tesco are sending a new sim for me but any help will be appreciated. Tesco also use O2 for the network.

Yeh, that's a generic model for UK, EU, Middle East, SE Asia, Africa, etc. It should work then for 4G with Tesco Mobile. Have you got or can borrow another 4G SIM you could try that's with a different network, and if that doesn't give 4G, could even be the phone is duff. They're sending you a replacement SIM anyway, but if the phone's 4G doesn't work, that won't work either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones