No ability to turn off 4G in ICS?General

Last Updated: 2012-11-06 09:39:18
  1. mcknigs

mcknigs Well-Known Member

Now that I have ICS the mobile network settings have network mode setting greyed out.

Previously, I could independently turn on the phone, CDMA and LTE. Tis was handy in England where I could keep the phone off but use the data. I also have problems with the LTE generating noise in audio circuits. The ability to back the data down to CDMA has been very useful -- otherwise I'm left going into airplane mode or shutting down the phone entirely.

Do others have the same problem with phones with ICS not being able to set the data to be CDMA only, and/or turn the phone off while leaving data on? Any suggestions on how to make solve this?

-Scott

Advertisement
  2. mcknigs

Thanks! :)
  3. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Well-Known Member

I found out about the short cut to turn off 4G LTE. Now it won't turn back on. Well it did sporadically but know when i turn on the lte i lose all data. Not liking ICS.
  4. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with the LTE OnOff app. I used it to turn off 4G right after the ICS update since we were in a 3G area. Now that I am in a 4G area, I can't turn 4G back on.

I tried a solution I saw in reviews of the app: Turn on 4G in the app, power down the phone, and pull the battery. No joy.

Later: After going through those steps five or ten times, 4G finally came back on.
  5. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Well-Known Member

The short cut is not reliable.
  6. mcknigs

There were similar comments in the reviews for the app. I installed it anyway and it's been reliable for me on my Bionic.

Are you switching between CDMA Auto (PRL) and LTE/CDMA/EvDo?

Is it possible it's not switching back to LTE because the signal in the area is not strong enough?
  7. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

Yes, those are the options I am using.

Once I finally got 4G service again, it shows 4G = -85dBm.
  8. fyrmd

fyrmd Well-Known Member

Phone Info app works great for me.
  9. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

After a day at this setting the battery life is markedly improved.
    Switching between networks constantly was killing the battery.