No ADB after flashing CyanogenMOD 7

1. NetSpeedZ

NetSpeedZ Well-Known Member Contributor

After flashing CyanogenMod 7 on a Huawei Ascend M860, I'm unable to use ADB. Before flashing, everything was good (rooted as well). Now when performing an 'ADB devices', ADB reports back that the device is 'offline'.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

Same problem, is it playfulgod's cm7.2 rom, or another one? I had cm6 running, and it worked perfectly(SDK, Eclipse,command promp), switched to cm7.2, now every time I plug my phone up, my computer wants to install my phone?? Nothing was changed with my computer setup, and the regular mounting works, no adb interface, just android mobile adapter(with yellow ? mark), and Android Adapter USB Interface, in the disk drives section. Downloaded every Usb driver I could find, deleted all, but one, rinse , repeat, no luck. Changed usb files, put the huawei id"s in, damm, no luck. Went into the build_prop file, added info, damm. I'm using XP32 bit, if the rom didn't make my phone run so good, I would have reverted back to cm6.
  3. reggjoo

The only thing I did diffrently, was to open the rom up, remove ADWlauncher, replace it with with GoLauncher, before I installed it. I used winzip, and QtADB(GUI) to perform that. THE rom installed fine, and everything works.
  4. reggjoo

I noticed that after switching to ubuntu, that there's something missing, some identifier, that tells the comp's os, that it can't recognize the phone. In recovery, adb recognizes it as "recovery" , but adb works, as long as system, data, usb storage, and cache are mounted. I thought it was the usb driver, in windows, but that's not the case.
  5. reggjoo

Well whatever the reason, the problem was fixed in Ubuntu. Created a file in root, 51 android rules, and it's all working, except it still doesn't see the serial number, or bootloader, but can access all again.