No Alarm clock

Last Updated:

1. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had my droid updated to 2.2 by the verizon people the other day and i just noticed now that there is NO alarm clock on it... or am i missing something? i remember 2.1 had it as an app in the app drawer... but there is no alarm clock there now... i even went to settings and searched through all of the apps on the phone and still nothing?

can anyone help? i rely on the alarm clock.

Advertisement
  2. DasMuse

nevermind... i found it, apparently its not on its own anymore.

is the only way to access the alarm clock through the "clock" app?

skunkpbguy likes this.
  3. shedlows

shedlows New Member

I had an shortcut to the alarm on my homescreen before the update and its still there after the update. It takes me directly to the alarm mode of the clock as it did berfore the update. However, I can't tell you how to add the shortcut to the alarm after the update but there must be a way since I have the shortcut and it works fine.

4. DasMuse

that would be nice... i actually have the weather and toggle widget app (i paid for it) and it has an option to activate the alarm mode when i press the clock, worked fine in 2.1 but now it does nothing.

p.s. you might wanna make sure your phone actually updated because i just found out the alarm shortcut isn't supposed to be available on 2.2

5. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

Negative. My Alarm clock was on my home page before the update and its still there now after the update.

6. bigbee

bigbee Well-Known Member

If you have downloaded the new Google Voice Actions voice search app, you'll be able to say "set alarm to <time>" once an updated version of Clock is available in the market. The demo video for Voice Actions shows this capability, but a new version of Clock that supports the voice API is necessary and should be available soon.

7. DasMuse

8. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Interesting -- apparently this clock now replaces apps like "Bedside" and "One Nightstand" since it has all the same features, including a maxi-dim.

9. DasMuse

yeah i can see how this would be handy for some... but like i said i had the alarm launch set when i press the flip clock on the weather and toggle app... now since its not its own app anymore i can no longer do that

10. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Using ADW launcher, when i long press on the home screen, i get an additional option: Custom Shortcuts.
    Here i can create a shortcut that goes straight to the alarm, and not just the clock. Works great!

11. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I find this annoying, as my alarm was one of my most used apps (breaks, lunches, etc @ work) Time to find a better way.

12. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Same for me. Shortcut before Froyo and still works after.

13. slipstreamapps

slipstreamapps New Member

Here's how you put the alarm clock shortcut back.
    I made an app to put the shortcut back in the application drawer. One-click install, no worries.

You can install it from here
    Or just read about it here

If you like it, please be sure to buy the donate version here!

14. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the preinstalled app called "clock" that looks similar to Bedside but has that awful screensaver that can't be disabled? I still have that after the 2.2 update and I have deleted all of the alarms on it but it still says I have an alarm that I can't get rid of. Currently the upcoming alarm is set for Friday October 22 at 4:00 PM but I have no idea what it is for or how to delete it. Any suggestions? It is driving me CRAZY!

15. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

This alarm app works well and brings back what 2.2 took away.