• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No android market app

Moses92

Lurker
Nov 5, 2010
hello , first off im new to these forums so hi all :)
I have just bought a samsung galaxy s gt i9000 (international edition) , my first android phone!
I have noticed there is no app for the android market , shouldnt it be pre installed ?
how can I get the app ?
thank you

hello , first off im new to these forums so hi all :)
I have just bought a samsung galaxy s gt i9000 (international edition) , my first android phone!
I have noticed there is no app for the android market , shouldnt it be pre installed ?
how can I get the app ?
thank you

Welcome to Android Forums, Moses.

All apps are downloadable from Market.

:D Just kidding.

Here's a site which has the "vending.apk" Market download (there are many ;)):

Android.market.apk - Download

Upvote 0
Well i read the user manual , and there is something about the market not being offered in all regions . I am in Jordan , middle east . Maybe thats why ?

What can i do now ? would rooting it and installing a froYo rom work ?
Im a total noob in android OS right now and i need some expert help please :( .

Upvote 0
Moses, I am staying in mid-east and experienced the same thing...
Maybe it's not being offered in ME... :(
Frisco, I've download android.market.apk and installed it, as suggested...
Yup, the "Market" icon is now there. But, when i try to download any application, i got the following message:
"Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
and button " Force Close".

It doesn't work. Do you know why? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones